Best Coffee Grinder for Espresso (Top 5 Best Rated for Choice)
Espresso preparation can prove to be a complicated task. Baristas study rigorously in order to achieve the knowledge and skills that will allow them to do such task in the best way that is possible. Aside from learning the proper techniques, another thing that can prove to be important is the presence of the right equipment.
In this case, you need to have the best coffee grinder for espresso, which will allow you to prepare the grinds that can be used in the preparation of your caffeine fix. Clueless on which one to pick? Keep on reading the rest of this guide and we will help you to come up with the right choice.
Reviews of Top 5 Best Coffee Grinder for Espresso
Still cannot decide which will make the best option? We’ll help you find the right one. Take a look at some of the models that we will be recommending below.
Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill
Made by one of the most trusted brands in the market for kitchen appliances, this is one of the best options that can be taken into account. The elegant styling is one of its best features, making it an excellent decorative piece in your kitchen.
It features an 18-position grind selector, which will make it easy for you to choose the way you want the grind to be. You can choose from ultra-fine to coarse. You will be in complete control and setting the desired grind will surely be a snap.
The grinder comes with an 8-ounce bean hopper, which is pretty much more generous compared to most of the options that you can find in the market. The grind chamber, on the other hand, has a capacity of 32 ounces.
Another feature that is worth noting about this product is its heavy-duty motor, which is the reason why you can expect that it is going to deliver reliable performance. It will grind your beans effortlessly, although you can expect that it can create a bit of noise.
It is also a good thing that it is dishwasher-safe. This means that having it cleaned will be effortless. You do not have to exert too much effort in is maintenance, yet you can be assured that it will remain functional and superior through the years, even with frequent use.
It has a fully-automatic operation, making it unrivalled when it comes to being user-friendly. It is a burr grinder, which is why you can expect that it will be quick. You do not have to wait for a long time before you can have grinds ready for making your espresso shot.
- Economical price
- Generous capacity
- Produces uniform grinds
- Produces noise
- Can cause static buildup
Krups GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder
This flat burr grinder is known for its ability to deliver exceptional performance. You can expect that it will grind quickly and without hassle on your end. This is the perfect complement to an espresso machine with superior functionality.
It is also worth noting that with this product, you can choose from nine grind settings. It comes with a dial on the front, making it easy for you to choose the desired setting. You can choose from fine to coarse. Since you will be making an espresso shot, the fine setting is highly-recommended. If you are going to make French press, on the other hand, the coarse setting is recommended.
With this grinder, you will not only be able to choose the grind setting. You will also be able to choose the specific number of cups from 2 to 12. This will make it possible to grind only the exact amount that you will need.
This is a conical burr grinder. Generally speaking, some of the benefits that you can expect from such type of grinder include being efficient and quick. This means that preparing grinds for your espresso does not need to require a lot of effort on your end.
The low speed of the motor is a good thing. Even with low speed, you can expect that it can be done grinding within a short span of time. More so, this can be beneficial because it means that there will be lesser heating, making it possible to promote the best quality of the grinds.
Another feature that makes this an impressive choice is its anti-static container. There are many that are made only from regular plastic, which can produce static. This will make it possible for the grind to be kept together and to avoid disarray.
- Has nine grind settings
- Simple to use
- Auto stop mechanism
- Can produce loud noise
- Dial can be a bit confusing
Capresso 560.01 Infinity Burr Grinder
Among other things, one of the most impressive about this model is its 16-grind settings. With the latter, you can enjoy the best when it comes to versatility. You will be in complete control with how you want the grinds to be.
The gear reduction motor is one more thing that deserves to be highlighted. The latter is one of the reasons why it can be durable. It will be less susceptible to wear and tear, providing you with the guarantee that it can be useful for many years.
The built-in timer is one feature that gives it a distinct advantage from many of its competitors. You can set it to grind you beans up to 60 seconds.
It comes with a bean hopper that has generous capacity. It can hold up to 8.8 ounces of beans. Because it is transparent, you will be able to easily monitor how much is left inside without the need of having to lift the lid.
The coffee container, on the other hand, can accommodate up to 4 ounces of ground coffee. The good thing is that it comes with a tight lid. This will seal flavor and aroma, making it more likely that you will have the perfect espresso all the time.
As the manufacturer claims, it also has the slowest grinding speed within the product category. What does this mean for you? This means that there will be lesser friction and heat produced when grinding. Heat buildup can be prevented, and in the end, coffee will be fresher.
- Affordable price
- High-quality motor
- Delivers consistent grinds
- Difficult to clean
- Can be messy
Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder
With this model, you will be able to enjoy 14 grind settings. For this reason, there is no doubt that it can deliver optimal versatility. You can choose from fine to coarse, depending on the purpose of your grinds. For espresso, however, fine grinds will be the best.
The sleek and modern design is also worth noting. This means that it will be an excellent decorative piece in the kitchen. This will never be an eye sore. With this grinder, you won’t feel the need to have it kept inside the cabinet.
Another feature that gives it an advantage above many others in the marketplace is its friction clutch. This will aid in the prevention of damages to the grinding gears, making it possible to extend its functional life. It will last for many years and can demonstrate the same superior quality.
The glass catcher is also designed in a manner that is impressive. It may not be large, but it is a good thing that it is free from static. This lessens the possibility that the grinds will be jumping, and hence, can make sure that there will be less space for air to pass through.
It is also a good thing that the container in this grinder is made with the use of borosilicate glass. The main advantage of the latter is that it is slip-proof. You can hold it with your wet hands without worrying that it will be slipping.
- Multiple grind settings
- Easy operation
- Easy to clean
- Hopper has small size
- A lot of plastic parts
Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Espresso Coffee Grinder
If you are looking for an espresso grinder for commercial use, this is the perfect option. It has commercial-grade features, making it perfect for a restaurant or a coffee shop. With its large size and generous capacity, it can handle even the most demanding needs of its users.
Among others, the 50mm burr grinding plate is one of its most impressive features. It is made with the use of tempered steel, which is basically the one that is responsible for its durability. This also provides you with the assurance of its ability to deliver consistent results.
It can spin at a speed of 1,735 rotations per minute, which makes it one of the fastest within the product category. Even if it has exceptional speed, you can expect that it will be quiet as it operates, which is important because it is meant to be used in commercial establishments.
The power of this product is also derived from its 166-watt direct drive motor. It has a highly-productive motor, which is made even better by the insulation that is incorporated. This makes it prevent the possibility of overheating.
Versatility is another thing that you can enjoy with the use of this coffee grinder for espresso. You will have complete control with its use as you can choose from 55 different grind settings. Choose the ultra-fine setting if you are going to use it for making your espresso shot.
Lastly, the hopper is also well-designed. It has generous capacity, which is needed for a machine that is going to be used commercially. It is also a good thing that it comes with a blue tint, providing the beans with protection from the harsh heat.
- Commercial-end machine
- Durable construction
- Can consume a lot of countertop space
- Not for home needs
Things To Consider when Buying Best Espresso Grinder
In order to come up with the right choice, make sure to take into consideration the factors that we will be briefly tackling below:
- Manner of Operation: In this case, there are two options that are available. The first one is a manual coffee grinder. As the name implies, they are operated manually, which should be cranked with the use of your hand. This will require a lot of effort on your end and can also lead into inconsistent results. In this case, the better choice would be one that is electronic. They are fully-automatic, quicker, and hassle-free to operate. The best thing is perhaps they can provide you with the guarantee of consistent performance.
- Type of Grinder: In this case, you will generally have two options. The first one is blade grinder, which is known for being affordable. However, they can create noise and can also be less consistent in terms of its grinding outcomes. The second, which is also the better type, is the burr grinder. The burrs can be made from ceramic or steel. These grinders produce less noise and can also be more powerful, making it the perfect choice if you are looking for an option that can deliver superior performance.
- Ease of Use: There are many people who are quite hesitant with the idea of investing in a coffee grinder for espresso because they think that it is complicated. While it is indeed true that they can be filled with complications, this will actually depend on the specific product that you will pick. See to it that the controls are strategically-placed. The manufacturer must also be able to provide comprehensive instructions, providing you with detailed steps on how to use the product.
- Ease of Cleaning: If you want your coffee grinder to last for many years, one of the most important is regular cleaning. With this, we highly recommend that you pick one that will be effortless to clean. If it is hard to clean, you may end up not cleaning it properly at all. Before it is stored in the cabinet, see to it that it is clean and that there are no deposits of leftover grinds.
- Versatility: If the coffee grinder is versatile, this simply means that it must be able to provide you with the option of grinding the beans based on what you prefer. You can choose from fine to coarse. There should be an adjustment that will allow you to customize your grounds and to make sure that consistent outcomes will be delivered in every use.
- Size: There are different factors that will have an impact on the right size to choose. For instance, consider the amount of counter space that is available at home. Also, consider if it is going to be for personal use. The capacity of the hopper should depended on the intended use of the espresso coffee grinder.
The quality of the beans is one of the most critical factors that will have an impact on the quality of your espresso shot. Another factor that will be equally important would be the grinding process. You need to know not only the right techniques, but you should also use only the best coffee grinder for espresso. This will make it easier for you to achieve the outcomes that are desired. For sure, the shots that you will produce are the same as those that you can expect in high-end coffee shops.
When looking for the best espresso grinder, you will end up having a hard time deciding which one to pick. With too many options that are available, you will be confused. At all times, however, you should not decide hastily. Instead, take time to evaluate each product and know how one is different from all others. Do not choose one only because it is cheap. Take a look at what others have to say. Research about the technical specifications. Or better yet, consider the factors that we have mentioned above.