Best Coffee Grinder for French Press (Top 3 Best Rated for Choice)
Are you looking for the best coffee grinder for French Press? Be prepared! Your search will not be easy, especially because of the multiplicity of the options that are available. It is easy to be confused, especially with the opposing claims made by the manufacturer, which will make it harder for you to end up with the right decision.
If you need help in making an intelligent pick, keep on reading the rest of this guide. We will provide you with insights on some of the essential things to consider. More importantly, we will discuss some of the top models that ca prove to be amongst the best choices.
Reviews of Top 3 Best Coffee Grinder for French Press
Here, we will have a look at three of the top options that can be taken into account. We will also have a glimpse at its notable features, as well as some of their pros and cons.
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin
This is one of the top choices for people who are looking for an option that is budget-friendly. In spite of being easy on the pocket, however, you can expect that its quality and functionality will be hard to rival, which will make it comparable to the models that you can find in the higher end of the market.
It can offer 40 grind consistencies. This means that it will be excellent when it comes to versatility. This will allow you to choose which one is perfect for the coffee that you want. It is even made better by the fact that the hopper is easy to control.
The DC motor that is integrated in this unit is another feature that can prove to be impressive. The company is known for their excellent products, which is why you can expect that the motor is going to be top-notch, providing you with the confidence that its performance will be hard to match. This will also be effective in terms of keeping the unit cool, regardless if the coffee grinder is used for an extended period. Another impressive thing about the motor is its low RPM, which can be effective in making sure that the grinds will be flavorful and aromatic.
It is integrated with a pulse button that is conveniently located on the front of the unit. This is strategically-positioned, making it user-friendly. This will make it easy for you to grind directly into the filter.
- Has an economical price
- Easy to operate
- Delivers consistent grind
- No timer
- Housing seems a bit flimsy
Baratza Virtuoso Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
More than just being made by one of the most trusted brands within the product category, it is also exceptional because of its overall construction. One of the things that made this possible is the second generation gearbox that is integrated in the unit. Introduced in 2012, this adds not only durability to the coffee grinder, but this is also one of the reasons why the noise created is minimal than other grinders.
The high-torque DC motor is one more thing that allows this product to leave a positive impression amongst its users. It does not only enhance the grinding performance, but it is also instrumental in keeping the beans cool.
It is also worth noting that it has electric and gear speed reducers. This is effective in slowing down the grinding process to about 450 RPM. The end result is that it reduces the static and the buildup of heat.
It has a maximum throughput of 2 grams per second, which is pretty much impressive compared to the inferior models. This makes it efficient and quick, which is why it is highly-recommended for users who have the tendency to be impatient.
In terms of aesthetics, this model comes with sculpted metal base and top. It provides it with an elegant and sophisticated appeal, which is reflective of its high-end price. This will surely be an excellent addition in any kitchen and can perfectly complement the beauty of your counter.
- Grinds consistently
- Powerful motor
- Produces minimal noise
- Expensive price
- Can be messy
Mazzer Mini Espresso Grinder
Italian craftsmanship is highly reflected in the case of this product. From the interior to the exterior, it is sure to leave a positive impression, making it outdo the performance of many other products in the competitive landscape. It is no longer surprising that it is chosen by many, even if it is quite expensive.
The coffee grinder is integrated with 58mm flat burrs. The latter is asserted to have premium quality, which can be evidenced by the superior materials that are used in the product. In the same way, it is also the one that is responsible for providing uniform grinds.
Another feature that deserves to be given emphasis about this product is the stepless coarse adjustment. This means that there will be no limit with regards to how coarse or fine you want the grind to be. This makes it one of the most versatile options that you can ever find within the product category.
The die-cast aluminum body is also remarkable. It does not only look nice, but you can also expect that it is going to be heavy-duty. Even through the years, you can expect that the product will be able to deliver optimal quality and functionality. This is unlike in the case of other products that are too flimsy.
To provide you with peace of mind, the coffee grinder features an automatic shut off function. This means that once it is done grinding, it will automatically turn off on its own. This is excellent not only when it comes to safety, but this can also protect the internal components and help to prolong the functional life of the unit.
This coffee grinder has a weight of 22.5 pounds. Meanwhile, the hopper capacity is .44 pounds for ground coffee and 1.3 pounds for coffee beans.
- Delivers a high-level of precision
- Powerful motor
- Expensive price
- Using the dosing chamber can be tricky
Things To Consider When Buying
As you try to differentiate the possibilities and to make the right choice, make sure to consider the factors that will be mentioned below.
- Consistency: There are many factors that will have an impact on the quality of coffee that you can make, but one of the most important would be the consistency of the grounds. With this, make sure to pick one that can deliver consistent outcomes until the last bit.
- Ease of Use: For sure, no one wants to use a product that is filled with complications. With this, it is important to evaluate the products in the market based on how user-friendly they are. The controls should be strategically-positioned and the manufacturer must also provide clear instructions so that you will easily know how to operate the coffee grinder.
- Ease of Cleaning: Similar to the case of buying other products, it is important to pick one that will be effortless to clean. This means that its maintenance will definitely be a snap on your end. It is important to have the coffee grinder cleaned regularly. This will prevent the presence of any problem that can ruin the functionality of the product in the long run. It is important to have it cleaned as directed by the manufacturer right after every use.
- Static: Most of the coffee grinders will most likely produce static electricity. You should pick one product that produces less static. This is one feature that is common in the models that you can find in the higher end of the market.
- Type of Coffee Grinder: The performance of the coffee grinder will depend on a variety of factors, and one of the most important would be its grinding mechanism. In this case, you will generally have two choices. The first one is the blade grinder, which is the cheaper option, but it tends to be noisy and less efficient. If budget is not a concern and if you want to enjoy the best product, burr grinder is an option that will surely be worth your money. It is known for better consistency and performance, aside from the fact that it operates with minimal noise.
- Size: This will depend on a variety of factors. If you are looking for coffee grinder that is good for personal use, a compact model is a better choice. This is especially the case if you have small space. On the other hand, if there is a larger space, such as in a huge house or in an office, a larger coffee grinder is recommended.
- Feedbacks: If you are having a hard time reaching a decision, you can consider looking at the opinions of other people. You can read online reviews, and in the same way, you can also ask for opinions of people you personally know. You can learn from their experiences and you can use such as the basis for making a well-informed decision.
- Warranty: To have peace of mind, it would be best to choose one product that comes with an extensive warranty. Within the warranty period, if any problem is experienced, you can have it returned to the manufacturer and they can have it repaired for free. Make sure to consider the terms specified by the manufacturer to prevent the warranty from being voided.
French press is one of the best ways to prepare your coffee. It has been a popular technique for many years. It can result into high-quality coffee, which will surely tickle your taste buds. However, your coffee may not always be the best. In this case, one of the things that can help would be having the right coffee grinder. The latter will be highly-instrumental towards being able to prepare the perfect caffeine fix.
While there are many manufacturers claiming that they have the best coffee grinder with French press, do not just immediately believe what they are claiming. You should do your own research Take a look at what other people have to say. Go above the price of the product. Consider the factors mentioned above, and more importantly, limit your choices to the three products that have been mentioned above. We have looked at their features and considered the experiences of other people. With confidence, we can say that they are indeed amongst the best that you can find in the marketplace.