Best Cold Press Juicer: A Must-Have for a Healthier You
In recent years, juicing has gained a reputation as one of the best ways to a healthier and fitter lifestyle. It allows you to easily prepare nutritious dishes using fresh fruits and vegetables. You can experiment with various recipes, depending on the flavor that is desired. Not all products, however, can yield the expected benefits.
If you are searching for the best cold press juicer, this guide has got you covered. We will start with determining its many benefits, as well as how to choose the best one. The last part of this post, meanwhile, will cover some of the most popular options you might want to consider.
Types of Juicer
Before anything else, let us first look at two of the most popular types of juicer that are available in the market, as well as the benefits that they can provide to the user.
- Centrifugal Juicer: It operates at a speed range that is between 3,000 to 16,000 RPM. It may be fast, but the problem is that it takes out the beneficial nutrients and enzymes that are found in your ingredients. It is easy to use and it is the more common juicer that is available in the market.
- Masticating Juicer: If you want to preserve the vitamins and minerals in your ingredients, this is the better juicer to choose. It usually has 40 to 80 RPM, which is slow, but the good thing is that it prevents oxidation. This means that you can keep the juice for a longer span of time.
Below is a video that shows a quick comparison of the two types of juicers discussed above:
Benefits of a Cold Press Juicer
Also known as masticating juicer, the following are some of the notable benefits that you can expect from such:
- No Oxidation: As mentioned, there is no oxidation with the use of a cold press juicer. Because of the minimum exposure to air, you can expect that the juice will remain safe for consumption even after some time.
- Optimizes Nutritional Value: We have also earlier noted that this type of juicer does not remove the beneficial fibers and nutrients from the fruits and vegetables. This is basically because there is slow speed and there is no heat produced as it works.
- Operates Quietly: There are some juicers that create a loud noise when blending, which can be annoying and disruptive. Fortunately, a cold press juicer efficiently takes out the juices from your ingredients while still being quiet.
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to narrow down the options that you can find in the market, below are some of the most important things that you should evaluate:
- Ease of Use: Many of us do not have patience and the luxury of time, which makes it important to choose a cold press juicer with user-friendly features. One of the most important is to have an intuitive control panel, which will allow you to operate the appliance in a snap.
- Yield: You should also consider how much pulp can the juicer produce. It is better if it can produce more pulp, which means that you are getting the most from the beneficial enzymes while also creating a tasty juice.
- Ease of Cleaning: Over the years, your cold press juicer can be prone to wear and tear, which is why it is important for it to be cleaned regularly. Choose one that comes with dishwasher-safe parts, making it easy to maintain the juicer in its peak condition.
- Size: You have to first consider the amount of space that is available in the countertop or juicer. Also, do you expect to use the it for personal juicing or do you live in a large household? Thinking of these things will make it easy to decide on the right size that is suited for your needs.
- Features: The more features there are, the more expensive the product can possibly become. However, it will be good as this means that it is versatile, allowing you to use it in more ways than one. Some of the common features include pasta nozzles, coffee grinder, food processing, and self-cleaning.
- Price: For many people, budget is one of the most important considerations. However, this does not mean that you should pick the cheapest product that is available in the marketplace. At all times, quality should be a more important consideration than the cost of the juicer.
- Feedbacks: The abundance of the options available would mean that you may end up being overwhelmed. With this, it is best to consult with the opinions of other people, which will make it easier to narrow down the possibilities.
- Safety: It is also important that there are features that will ensure the safe use of the cold press juicer. For instance, there should be protection from overheating, which will also prolong the functional life of the product. The plastic should also be BPA-free, which means that it does not contain any toxic chemical.
- Warranty: With the warranty period, you can return the product to the manufacturer and they will have it repaired or replace the broken parts for free. The longer the warranty, the better is the product as this can provide you with peace of mind.
Top Picks for the Best Cold Press Juicer
If you are still finding it hard to decide which one to purchase, below are some of the top options that you might want to include in your list of choices.
Among others, the 850-watt motor of this product is one of its best features, which can provide two speed choices. When operating at low speed, it functions at 6,500 RPM. On the other hand, when under the high-speed setting, it operates at 12,000 RPM.
The generous width of the chute is one more feature that deserves to be highlighted about this product. The latter is an exclusive feature. The width is three inches, which means that you can easily feed larger fruits and vegetables without the need to cut them in smaller portions.
For your safety, there are different features that will be enough to provide you with peace of mind. For instance, it has a safety locking arm to prevent juicing when you are not yet ready. There is also protection from overheating.
The one-liter jug is also excellent because of its large capacity. You can blend juices of up to 34 fluid ounces. Also, it should be noted that the jug is made using material that is BPA-free.
Lastly, cleaning the juicer does not need to be a difficult task, especially because there is a special brush that is already provided.
- Comes with a powerful 2-speed motor
- Durable construction
- Can be noisy
- Not recommended for leafy greens
With the 700-watt motor that is incorporated in this juicer, you can expect that it won’t take a long time before your juice is ready, especially because it has speeds that reach a maximum of 13,000 RPM.
Feature-wise, one thing that you might love about this product is the construction of the blade, which is made from stainless steel. The latter is not only long-lasting, but is also powerful enough to extract juice from a wide array of ingredients.
Another feature that is worth noting is the three-inch chute that is found at the top of the juicer. This makes it possible to add ingredients in a snap without having to cut in smaller portions. In fact, even a whole apple can be fed directly on the chute.
It is also a great juicer because it comes with a filter basket, which can resist corrosion. The main benefit of the filter is that it makes sure that there are no chunky ingredients in your juice.
Lastly, it is compact. This makes it an ideal pick if you are looking for a juicer that is perfect for small spaces.
- Space-efficient design
- Long-lasting and powerful blade
- Non-slip bottom base
- Can be noisy
- Not as versatile as others
Cold press juicing will surely be easier with the use of this product. It is an excellent investment because it can deliver versatile functionality. Aside from juicing, you can also use it for creating nut butters, extruding pasta, or processing baby food.
This is a dual stage juicer. This means that it starts by extracting the juice from the ingredients through crushing. After this, it is squeezed before ejecting, which will lead to maximum yield while making sure that the beneficial nutrients will remain.
Because it is a cold press juicer, the juice that it can produce will be safe for consumption even after three days. It is not prone to oxidation, unlike those that are produced by a centrifugal juicer.
Still need a good reason to be convinced? One thing that you might find to be impressive is the 15-year warranty that is offered by the manufacturer, which is one of the most extensive in the market. Most manufacturers would offer a warranty that lasts only for one year.
- Has low speed for maximum extraction
- Easy to assemble right out of the box
- Does not produce a lot of foam
- Expensive price
- Feed tube is quite small
Among other things, you might find this to be an impressive choice because it automatically ejects the pulp, which means that it goes directly to your glass. It is not only delicious, but there is a foam that improves texture of the output.
The Reverse Function is one of the unique features that you can find in this product. To activate this function, simply press the R button. This will help to get rid of the dirt and debris that could have been stuck, and hence, being helpful in the prevention of clogging.
When it comes to simplicity, this is also an excellent product. There is no need to suffer from complications. When it is taken out of its packaging, assembly of the juicer will never be a burden. The same thing holds true when it comes to cleaning and maintenance.
- Easy to clean
- Has an automatic pulp ejection
- Does not create a loud noise
- Small feed tube
- Not as durable as others
Breville is one of the most trusted names in the market for kitchen appliances, which can already provide you with peace of mind. This juicer can offer versatility as you can choose from low or high speed, depending on the outcomes that you wish to achieve.
When it comes to its features, one of the most innovative is the Cold Spin Technology. This is unlike other conventional blenders that produce heat when operating. With this innovation, you can expect the juice to be fresher and healthier.
The big size of the jug is also a plus. You can connect it directly from the end of the tube, which makes it versatile. The jug has a capacity of 3.4 liters and made using materials that do not pose any risk of toxicity.
- Wide feed chute
- BPA-free plastic components
- Two-speed settings
- Not ideal for budget-conscious buyers
- Inefficient for leafy greens
Indeed, the best cold press juicer is an essential investment for anyone who wishes to venture into a fitter and healthier lifestyle. It provides a convenient way to prepare nutritious juices that you can make at home. However, you have to be responsible enough to differentiate the options and make the right choice.
From the five options above, if there is one we can recommend, it is Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-watt Juice Extractor. It is a compact juicer that packs a lot of power. It has an impressive motor and durable blades. It may lack a wealth of functions, but if your priority is just juicing, this should be on the top of your list.