Best Commercial Espresso Machine Reviews (Top 5 Best Rated)
When searching for the best commercial espresso machine, you will surely end up being confused. As you go online and do your research, you will be overwhelmed with the possibilities. Each manufacturer will try their best to convince buyers that their product is the best in the market. However, you should not just believe whatever they are claiming. Rather, you should be engaged in thorough research, which will be an opportunity for you to evaluate the possibilities. With this, keep on reading the rest of this post and we will provide you with valuable insights that can help you make the right decision.
Top 5 Best Espresso Machine Reviews
In this section, we will have a rundown of some of the best options that can be taken into consideration, as well as some of their most notable features.
Breville BES860XL Barista Express Espresso Machine with Grinder
Among other things, power is one of the most impressive features that you can find in this product, making it suitable for commercial applications. It is worth noting that it can deliver up to 15-bar pressure, which will help to optimize extraction capability for robust flavor in every espresso shot.
It offers Dose Control Grinding, allowing you to have complete control on how it can be used. This means that coffee grinds are delivered on demand, making sure that no amount will go into waste. You can also choose the specific grind setting that is preferred.
For the highest level of precision, this machine comes with digital temperature control. This is basically the one that is responsible for making sure that water reaches its optimal temperature all the time for maximum extraction of flavor.
The integrated filter is also a good feature. With the latter, you can use any type of water. You can be confident that the quality of the espresso will not be affected since the filter will effectively take out chlorine and other impurities.
Another innovative feature that you can see in this model is the Thermocoil Heating System. Simply put, the latter helps to maintain the water hot. This is going to minimize preparation time, which will especially be helpful in a busy environment.
Lastly, you will also love the durability of this model. It is made with a high-quality housing and premium components, which are sure to withstand demanding use.
- High-quality grinder
- Excellent water filtration
- Comes with pressure gauge
- Frothing can take a while
- Gasket can be prone to leaking
Jura Impressa XS90 One-Touch Automatic Coffee Center
The programmable controls that are integrated in this model will make it possible for you to have it used as desired. You will have the freedom to set the desired temperature, strength of the brew, and how much will be dispensed.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a large bean hopper, which is perhaps one of the most important things for a commercial espresso machine. This means that you won’t have to run out of beans, allowing you to operate it continuously. It is also a good thing that there is an intelligent sensor, providing you with notification when it is about time to have the beans replaced.
The water tank is also well-designed. It has generous capacity, which makes it perfect for busy establishments. Like in the case of the bean hopper, you will also be notified if it is about time to have the tank refilled.
It has also been given words of praises because of the Ceramic Valve Technology, which is one of the innovations that gives it an edge above others. With this, the flow of coffee will be shortened, resulting into better temperature and crema on the top of the drink that will be prepared.
It also has 6-setting precision burr grinder. This will allow you to choose the specific grind settings of the beans that you will prepare.
The low noise design of this model is also impressive, which is another essential for a commercial espresso machine. Whether it is for grinding the beans or extracting the grinds to produce the espresso shot, you can expect that it will be non-disruptive.
- Automatic cleaning
- One-touch capability
- Lacks manual frothing
- A bit complicated to use
Elektra ART.SX Microcasa Semi-Automatica Commercial Espresso Machine
The style of this commercial espresso machine is one of the first things that will surely captivate your attention. It comes with a brass eagle top and has parts that are made from copper. It looks elegant and will surely not just be a functional machine, but can also function as a decorative piece.
Among the many features that you can find in this model, one of the most impressive is the heat exchanger system. This is going to optimize the extraction process and will help to retain the optimal temperature that is required to make high-quality espresso shots.
The water level sight glass is one more thing that we found to be impressive with this product. The latter will make sure that you will never run out of water in the machine. The water level will be visible from the outside, making it easy for you to know when there is a need to have it refilled.
Many of the users of this commercial espresso machine also praised it because of its stability, in spite of the fact that it is not as large as its competitors. The round base and well-balanced design makes it stable.
In terms of being user-friendly, there are also several features that will make this an exceptional choice. For instance, it comes with three switches that are strategically positioned. You just have to turn it on for different functions – boiler refill, coffee brew, and power. There is also a twist knob valve, which will help you to control steam.
Lastly, you might also be impressed with its durability. This can be attributed to the materials that are used, although you should observe extra caution as the surface can be easily prone to scratches.
- Unique and stylish design
- Made from premium materials
- Easy to monitor water level
- Wand cannot be moved
- Susceptible to scratches
La Pavoni PUB 1V-R-1 Group Commercial Espresso Cappuccino Machine
If budget is not a concern, this is one of the choices that can be taken into account in your search for the best espresso machine that can be used commercially. It comes with a powerful motor, allowing it to handle even the most demanding needs of its users.
Among other things, one of the best things about this model is its pre-infusion capability. This means that prior to the start of brewing, a blast of water with the right temperature is already applied at 1 bar of pressure, which will help to maximize the extraction process, resulting into fuller flavor.
When it comes to thermal stability, you can expect that this model will also be commendable. Hot water constantly circulates in the machine. This does not only retain the right temperature, but will also make the process quicker, making it perfect for a busy establishment.
Its volumetric electronic dosing also deserves to be noted. It is equipped with a microprocessor, allowing it to deliver intelligent functionality. You can be expect the right doses all the time, which eliminates guesswork as the process is automated.
The 8-liter water softener is also a nice feature. While the capacity is a bit limited compared to competing models, it is a good thing that it has the ability to soften water to improve the quality of every shot since impurities are taken out. This also minimizes the need for descaling.
Lastly, it comes with a digital control pad. This is one of the reasons why you can expect that this commercial espresso machine will be user-friendly.
- Comes with water softener
- Easy to use
- Expensive price
- Can be small for some establishments
Pasquini Livia 90 Semi-Automatic Commercial Espresso / Cappuccino Machine
This commercial espresso machine is a bit smaller compared to some of its competitors. With this, it will be ideal for use in an establishment that is not too busy. Even the size of the water tank is small, which will necessitate the need to have it frequently refilled.
The heavy-duty portafilter is one thing that is worth noting about this machine, which is reflective of durability, especially if it is well-maintained. It is even made better by the fact that it comes with a handle that is made from molded plastic, making it comfortable to hold it.
It comes with a strong pump system, which makes it perfect for commercial use. Because of the latter, you can expect the optimal ability to extract coffee to have better tasting espresso shot, which will be robust in terms of flavor and aroma.
When it comes to ease of use, this machine will also be excellent. It comes with a one-touch button. You simply select the intended functionality and it will work on its own, guaranteeing the best outcomes all the time. There is also a manual feature, which will allow you to brew any size of drink.
If you are looking for versatility, this will also be a great choice. In spite of its small size, it is a multipurpose machine. You can use it not only for making espresso shots, but also for cappuccino. It will allow you to prepare steamed milk while the machine brews at the same time. It also comes with a hot water dispenser.
- Solid build
- Easy to use
- Space-efficient design
- Tank is made from plastic
- Can be small for some
Things to Consider in Buying a Commercial Espresso Machine
As you try to make a decision on which one should be chosen, see to it that the factors mentioned below will be taken into consideration.
- Type of Espresso Machine: Before anything else, you need to consider the specific type of the machine that you will need. In this case, the following are the four options:
- Manual: Also known as piston machine, this is the least popular option from the group. It operates manually, which gives you complete control on the output, but this also means that it is going to require more effort on your end.
- Semi-Automatic: Manually stopping the pour is going to be necessary with this kind of espresso machine. You will still have control of the machine, but it is easier to use compared to its manual counterpart.
- Automatic: With this, a preset amount of espresso will be delivered. You will also have the option for customizing the shots to result into better consistency.
- Super-Automatic: This is the easiest to use from the four. It will do all the work on its own. It is also the most extensive in terms of the cleaning and maintenance that will be required.
- Versatility: As it is going to be used for commercial purposes, it will be wise to choose one that can be used beyond making an espresso shot. There are machines that can also be functional for making cappuccino and latte, among others. Be sure to look for one that comes with a frothing wand.
- Integrated Grinder: In a fast-paced environment, this will be a great addition to your espresso machine. This means that you do not need a separate grinder. You must also have the option to adjust the grind settings depending on what is preferred.
- Size: The right size of the commercial espresso machine will depend on a number of things, such as your budget and how busy is your establishment going to be. A larger size is the ideal option if you expect to be serving a lot of people.
- Aftersales Service: Even the most expensive option can be prone into experiencing a variety of problems. With this, it is also important to make sure that the manufacturer can provide dependable customer support. The parts should also be widely available so that you can easily find a replacement for different components.
- Ease of Cleaning: It is also important to choose one that will be a breeze to maintain, making it easy to make sure its optimal functionality even through the years. If it is not cleaned regularly, clogging can be experienced and it can have a negative impact on the quality of the espresso.
- Cup Warmer: This is another important feature that should be present in an espresso machine that is meant for commercial purposes. This will help to keep the cups hot in order to ensure the best quality of the drink as it is served.
- Speed: Commercial establishments can be busy, especially during peak hours. Your customers do not have the patience to wait. With this, make sure as well that the machine will be able to make espresso shots in a manner that is quick.
A commercial espresso machine is more complex compared to a unit that you can use at the comfort of your own home. It is meant for businesses, such as restaurants and coffee shops. They are usually bigger and feature-rich. Some may find them complicated to operate as well. It can be a high-cost investment, which is why it is important to be cautious in making a decision. At all times, do not decide by picking one that comes with the cheapest price. In most instances, this could also mean inferior quality, which is sure to be one thing that you won’t want.
Given the discussions made above, we hope that choosing the best commercial espresso machine is now a lot easier for you. Remember, look beyond cost. You should find the time to read the opinions of other users and learn from the experiences that they are sharing. To make things easy, consider the five models that we have recommended above. We are confident that choosing these models will not lead into regret. They have the features that are necessary for making the perfect shot of espresso all the time.