Best Egg Pan: An Essential for Making Eggs Easily and Perfectly
Cooking eggs perfectly is one thing that requires mastery of the fundamental skills and techniques. It might seem easy, but in reality, it can be frustrating. While there are many external factors that can have an effect on the outcome, one of the most important is the right pan to use. From the materials to its depth to its shape, there are certain elements that will be critical.
If you are on the lookout for the best egg pan and having a hard time deciding which one makes the right choice, keep on reading the rest of this post and we got you covered. We will provide you with a glimpse of some of the top options that are available in the market.
Materials for Eggs Pans
While there are many factors that will have an impact on the quality of the pan, one of the most important is the material that is used. It will be indicative of durability, appearance, and heating efficiency, among other things. With this, below are some of the most common materials that you will find:
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel
This lightweight material is also known for its durability. They can resist rust and corrosion, making it not easily prone to wear and tear. Nonetheless, it is not scratch-resistant. To add, the light color also makes it suffer from discoloration.
The best thing about this material is its durability. It is also affordable and can be used even for induction cooktops. However, one of its biggest drawbacks is that it is not a good conductor of heat. It can suffer from hotspots.
This is an egg pan that you can use even for induction cooking. It is also lightweight, yet the durability is not compromised. However, this is not dishwasher-safe, which means that cleaning the pan can require quite an effort on your end.
Many people tend to stay away from copper because they are expensive. Even if they can distribute heat evenly, they can be toxic and can also be prone to corrosion. To prevent these problems, see to it that copper is coated.
Choosing the Best Egg Pan
To easily narrow down the long list of options for the best egg pan, the following are some of the most important things that should be given emphasis:
- Size: If you often cook egg just for your own, a small pan will be more than enough. For a large household, on the other hand, choose a bigger pan. Meanwhile, for poachers, choose more cups if you want to cook more within a short span of time.
- Handle: This is one of the most important parts of the pan. It should have an ergonomic design and should stay cool to the touch. Some have silicone covers so that they will not easily become hot.
- Coating: Choose a pan with non-stick coating. This means that the surface will be smoother, lessening the likelihood that eggs will stick on it. It is also easy to clean and best of all, you can cook without using too much oil.
- Lid: Not all egg pans have lids. It is common only for poachers. The lid should be made from a clear material so that you can easily monitor progress. It should also fit securely on the pan and should have a nice knob on the top for ease of lifting.
- Toxicity: There are some pans that can be made from toxic materials. They can release chemicals when they are subjected to extreme heat. With this, make sure that the pan has passed certifications to guarantee that they are safe.
- Care and Maintenance: It is also important to take into account the care requirements for the pan. As much as possible, choose one that is dishwasher-safe. It should also be built in such a way that you can easily retain its peak condition even after a long time of use.
Tips to Cook Eggs Perfectly
Even if you have the most expensive egg pan that is available, this is in no way a guarantee that you will achieve the best outcomes. Below are some of the tips you have to keep in mind to cook the perfect eggs:
- It all starts with the right choice of egg. A lot of you may be using a hen’s egg. If you want more flavor, on the other hand, duck’s egg will be an excellent choice. Also, if the eggs are from the fridge, give it time to cool down before you cook.
- If you are making scrambled eggs, do not stop stirring, which will minimize the possibility of having curding. In the end, your eggs will end up soft and creamy. Nonetheless, be careful as well as too much stirring can make the eggs foam.
- Cook the eggs in the right fat. This means that you should be wiser in your choice of oil. This affects not only flavor, but also your health. Olive oil is a good choice, especially because of its sweet flavor. Bacon fat and butter can also be good, but be sure that they are used in moderation as they are bad for your health.
- Experiment with different flavors to make tasty eggs. The usual sunny side up can taste better if you sprinkle the top with pepper or herbs. For scrambled eggs, on the other hand, you can be more experimental and add meat, soft cheese, or whatever you want.
In the short video below, you will see more tips on cooking eggs:
Top Picks for the Best Egg Pan
In this section, we will briefly look at five of the brands and models that should definitely be part of your list. To make it easier for you to narrow down the choices, we will identify their notable features, as well as some of their pros and cons.
The overall construction of the pan is one of the many reasons why it is often listed as one of the best in the marketplace. It is made from 3004 aluminum, which is good because it is lightweight compared to those made from steel or cast iron. Aside from durability, it is also commendable because of the heating consistency.
Another thing that makes it a good choice for an egg pan is the fact that its surface comes with a non-stick coating. This makes cleaning a lot easier while also lessening the need to use oil when frying eggs.
The handle also comes with an impressive design. It is ergonomic, which means that holding the pan will be comfortable, especially because it is lightweight. The handle is made from cast stainless steel and there is a silicone grip. The latter will make handling the pan a lot easier. This also prevents the handle from getting hot.
Lastly, it comes with a satin exterior finish. This makes it an elegant addition to your kitchen. Nonetheless, the surface can easily demonstrate scratches. The latter, however, can be avoided with proper care and maintenance.
- Excellent nonstick coating
- Well-balanced weight
- Handle has an excellent design
- Bottom can be easily prone to scratches
- Non-stick coating can easily peel
The first thing that you will notice about this product is the slightly expensive price. Some of you might be instantly discouraged in choosing it. However, keep in mind that it is already inclusive of two pans, which goes to show that it can provide excellent value for money. One set is already inclusive of an 8 and 10-inch frying pan that is perfect for your eggs.
If you are looking for a pan that is versatile, this can also be a good choice. You can use it even for induction cookers or oven. Plus, it is also dishwasher-safe, which means that keeping it clean will be almost effortless on your end.
Looking for a pan that will allow you to cook in a manner that is healthy? You will be happy to know that this product is made from materials that are nontoxic for humans. Also, you can cook eggs even with little oil.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, this is a favorite amongst many buyers because it comes with limited lifetime warranty. This speaks a lot about how the manufacturer believes in the quality of their product.
- Comes in a set of two
- Scratch-resistant coating
- Contoured handle
- Quite expensive
- Can be prone to warping
The best thing about this product is that it is made specifically for poaching eggs. It may not be as versatile as others, but if you are looking for a pan that is made for a special purpose, this will be worth considering.
Taking a look at its features, one that we found impressive is the construction of the handle. It is sturdy enough. It will not easily loosen from the pan, even after years of use. Best of all, they stay cool to the touch regardless of how long the pan has been in the source of heat.
Another good thing about this product is that there are four individual compartments. You can make four poached eggs at a time, making it a great time-saver if you have to prepare for a large group.
Lastly, it is dishwasher-safe. There is no excuse for you to not wash the pan after it is used. Cleaning will be almost effortless.
- Nonstick surface
- Comes with a clear, vented glass
- Instructions are vague
- Not versatile
Cuisinart is one company that has established global reputation because of the quality of their products. This should be more than enough to provide you with the confidence that this product will be hard to rival. It is even made better by the fact that it comes with an affordable price.
Feature-wise, one thing that you may find to be impressive in this product is the stainless steel construction. You will notice that it is slightly heavy, but the added weight should not be an issue as this is also the reason why it is long-lasting.
It also comes with a cool grip handle, which is made from solid stainless steel. The riveted handle can provide you with a comfortable grip. It is also a good thing that it stays cool to the touch.
- Made by a trusted brand
- Affordable price
- Non-stick surface
- Coating can easily peel
- Heating may be uneven
This is another skillet that is made specifically for poaching. While the pan itself is made from aluminum, the plastic cups where you place the eggs are made from plastic. This is one thing that you might not love about the product as heat and plastic may not go well together.
The pan comes with double riveted handle. It also has a well-balanced design. Holding it even with a single hand will be easy because aluminum is a lightweight material. For sure, you will never have to complain of suffering from discomfort.
If you are looking for an egg pan that is also oven-safe, this is a good choice. It can handle heat of up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easy to clean
- Affordable price
- Can poach four eggs at a time
- Poor non-stick coating
- Egg cups are made from plastic
In sum, the best egg pan is a must-have in any kitchen. With the right choice of pan, it will be easy for you to turn into an expert chef who can make the perfect eggs all the time. You will be able to serve gourmet meals with delicious eggs! All of these, however, will only be possible if you exert effort in shopping for the ideal pan.
From the five products that we have mentioned in this post, if there is one that stands out from the rest, it is Tramontina Professional Non-Stick Restaurant Fry Pan. The latter comes with a durable construction, making it provide the best bang for the buck. It also has a well-balanced design and an ergonomic handle, which is why it is user-friendly.