Best Espresso Machine Under 200 (Find From Top 5 Best Rated)
Investing in an espresso machine is one thing that you need to do if you love coffee. It will allow you to prepare your caffeine fix in a snap. This will also be significantly cheaper compared to frequently buying from expensive coffee shops. Some people might think that such machine is expensive, but the truth is, there are many options that are also easy on the pocket.
With this, in the rest of this post, we will provide you with recommendations on the best espresso machine under 200 and we’ll also provide you with tips on some of the most important factors that should be taken into consideration.
Reviews of Top 5 Best Espresso Machine Under 200
Here is a quick look at some of the best options that are currently available in the market.
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker
Practicality and simplicity – these are two of the things that you can expect from the use of this espresso machine. It comes with a straightforward design, which is why having it used will surely be a breeze, even if you have not had a similar product before.
One of the best things about this model is the high-pressure pump. Pressure is one of the most important things as it will affect the quality of the shot. The good news is that it comes with a 19-bar pressure, which will allow you to create espresso that has the perfect taste and aroma.
While there are many features that will make it user-friendly, one that you will love is the empty water tank alert, which will provide you with immediate notification when the tank is out of water. This will minimize frustration as you can be sure that the tank is always filled when it is time to make an espresso shot.
The compact size of this espresso machine is one more thing that should be noted. If you have a small space in the kitchen or in the office, this will be the perfect choice. Its slim profile, however, also means that it is perfect only for personal use.
It also delivers fast heat up. This is perfect for people who do not have the patience to wait for a long time. You will surely love the fact that your espresso will be ready in half a minute.
Lastly, as a welcome gift for any of its users, it comes with a box that contains 16 different capsules. This is a good way to get started. You will enjoy a variety of flavors!
- Intuitive design
- Can be cleaned in a snap
- Compact size
- Low capacity
- Expensive espresso capsules
De’Longhi EC155 15-Bar Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
Among others, one thing that gives this a distinct advantage above many others is its dual function filter holder, which is a patented feature. This is beneficial when it comes to versatility. This means that you can use normal coffee grounds and pods, depending on what you prefer. With this machine, you will be able to make not only espresso, but also cappuccino.
The self-priming operation is another feature that gives this model a positive impression amongst its users. This is also basically the one that is responsible for making it user-friendly. This will make it function faster, perfect for people who do not have the patience to wait for a long time.
It is also an exceptional choice because it comes with a swivel jet frother. This makes it useful for the preparation of cappuccino and latte. Creating a creamy and rich froth on your drink will surely be a snap because of this feature.
The espresso machine is designed with a stainless steel boiler. This is longer lasting compared to other materials.
Many of its users have also provided positive feedback on the pump-driven mechanism of this product. This will make it easier for you to prepare consistently rich and high-quality espresso shots, similar to those that are prepared by trained baristas.
Lastly, having it cleaned will surely be a snap for you. There are several removable components, which will allow you to clean the parts easily. The removable drip tray is also a good addition. It catches drippings, preventing such from creating a mess on the surface.
- Dual filtration system
- Minimal maintenance required
- Heats up quickly
- Hard to use with tall cup
- Short frothing wand
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker
The captivating design of this model is one of the things that you will love in this espresso machine. It will catch your attention and once you discover its many features, you will fall in love more with it and will make it easier for you to decide to have it chosen above all others.
The automatic brewing mechanism is a feature that will make it exceptional when it comes to being user-friendly. You just need to place the capsule, choose the desired cup size, and wait until it is finished. You do not have to wait long before your drink is ready.
It comes with one-touch functionality, which is more than enough for you to be convinced that using it will be a snap. Just choose the button that is desired. Wait for about 25 seconds and your drink will be ready. There are two buttons that will determine its function. You can choose from espresso or lungo, depending on what you want.
The automatic shutoff function of this model is another excellent feature. It will power off on its own after nine minutes of being inactive. This is not only energy-efficient, but will also be vital when it comes to safety.
When it comes to filling water, such can be done in a snap. This is because of the removable water tank, although the size of the latter is smaller compared to other models. If it is for personal use or for a small house, this will be more than enough.
The hinged drip tray that is integrated in the machine is one more thing that will leave a positive impression. This also serves as the platform for holding the cup. The tray will collect any drippings from the spigot, which will make it easy to keep the surface clean and dry.
- Compact size
- Easy to use
- Energy efficient
- Capsules are expensive
- Water capacity is minimal
Mr. Coffee ECMP1000 Café Barista Premium Espresso/Cappuccino System
This semi-automatic machine is popular for many reasons, but one thing that you will surely love is the fact that it offers optimal versatility. It can be used not only as an espresso machine, but also for making latte and cappuccino. It comes with an automatic milk frother. With the latter, you can create creamy foam for your milk in a manner that is almost effortless on your end.
The One-Touch Control Panel is one of its best features, which is also the reason why it ranks well when it comes to ease of use. This makes it easy for you to choose the drink that you want. Just push a single button and the machine will do the rest of the job.
You might also love the removable water reservoir that is integrated in the unit. This will make it easy for you to have it filled with water. In the same way, it can also be easily cleaned.
To make it even more versatile, it is also designed with an adjustable cup tray. With the latter, you can expect that the base will be able to accommodate short cups or tall mugs.
Cleaning will not also require too much effort on your end. It has a self-cleaning function, which will make it more convenient for you. It is also a good thing that it comes with a removable drip tray to catch drippings from the sprout.
- Easy to use and clean
- Comes with a milk frother
- Option to make two shots
- Low temperature
- Design of sprout could have been better
Nespresso Pixie D60 Espresso Machine (a bit higher)
This is a compact machine that will be an excellent choice for anyone who is looking for an option that is space-efficient. In spite of its sleek profile, however, functionality is not compromised. It comes with 19-bar pressure pump, allowing you to create consistently great-tasting shots.
The energy efficiency of this espresso machine is one thing that is worth noting. Given its size, it is pretty much obvious that it won’t be using a lot of electricity. In addition, it also comes with an automatic shutoff feature, which allows it to save more energy while also making sure of your safety.
It also comes with automatic volume control. You will be able to enjoy the versatility of this machine as you will have to choose between an espresso or Lungo, depending on what you want for your drink.
The intelligent design of the machine has also captivated the attention of many people. One that is impressive is the container that has a capacity to keep up to 11 used capsules. There is also a convenient space for storing the cord when it is not used, making the area mess-free.
It is equipped with backlight on the controls, which will make it easy for you to monitor the progress of brewing.
Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, this option offers fast heat up. Within just about 25 seconds, the required temperature will already be achieved and your drink will be ready. This is not going to test your patience as it won’t take forever before you can finally enjoy your caffeine fix.
- Space-saving design
- Effortless to clean
- Small water tank
- Capsules are expensive
Essential Factors to Consider
As you try to weigh the possibilities, make sure to also keep in mind the factors that will be mentioned below:
- Ease of Use: This is one of the first things that you should do. It is essential to make sure that it has user-friendly design. In this case, one of the first things that you have to do is to select the right type of the espresso machine that should be purchased. A manual espresso machine may be cheap, but this can be difficult to use because it will be operated manually. If you want one that will be effortless to use, you should look for a fully-automatic espresso machine, although the latter can prove to be more expensive.
- Maintenance: To be able to maintain the machine in its best condition even through the years, it should be cleaned regularly. Pick one that will be a snap for you to maintain, which means that doing so must not require too much effort on your end. The components must be easy to detach when they need to be cleaned. The manufacturer must also provide detailed instructions on how regular cleaning can be carried out.
- Design: The style of the espresso machine is one thing that you should not ignore, especially if you are conscious about your interiors. You must choose one that will perfectly blend in the space where the machine will be used. The specific materials that are used will also have an impact on its design.
- Versatility: If the espresso machine is versatile, it means that you must be provided with different options and complete control in its use. For instance, there are some that can also be used for a cappuccino. There are also some that will provide you with two-cup option, which is perfect for businesses.
- Coffee Grinder: It is also excellent if you will choose one that comes with a built-in grinder, which will be space-saving, since you do not have to spend in a separate machine to grind beans. The grinder must also have different settings so that you can have it adjusted depending on how fine or coarse you want it to be.
- Size: Most of the espresso machines within the $200 price range are compact and simple. You can expect that they will be perfect even for smaller kitchens and apartments. A smaller one will also be ideal if you need one that is only for personal use.
- Filter: The quality of water is one of the most important when it comes to the quality of your espresso shot. With this, it will be good if you choose a machine that comes with a built-in filtration system. This will allow the machine to get rid of the impurities in water so that the taste and aroma of the output will not be negatively affected.
- Feedbacks: If you are still undecided on which one to buy, you should consult with the opinions of other people. This will make it easy to compare the possibilities. Evaluating the pros and cons of each alternative will be easier if you will consult with what others have to say.
In sum, your search for the best espresso machine under 200 will be challenging, especially if you are buying such product for the first time. For sure, you will be clueless about the different factors to consider. The specifications may seem like a technical jargon for you. Instead of making a decision in haste, you should be responsible enough to differentiate the possibilities.
Read online reviews and ask people you personally know if they have recommendations. At all times, do not make a purchase decision solely on the basis of price. If one product is cheap, do not be tempted to buy it immediately without going through its features. At the end of the day, it should be seen as an investment, which is why you should not have second thoughts in spending more if this is going to be tantamount into better quality.
From the discussiona in this post, we hope that making a decision is now easier for you. Consider the five options that we have mentioned above and it will easier for you to end up with the right decision.