Best Faucet Water Filter: A Must-Have for Every Household
Clean drinking water – this is what we need at home. A lot of people may resort to having bottled water. This can provide you with peace of mind, but the problem is that it can be costly in the long run. With this, a better alternative is to install a filter in your faucet, which will help to get rid of the contaminants that are possibly present in your drinking water.
If you are searching for the best faucet water filter, we got you covered in the rest of this post. We will share some valuable insights that will help you to narrow down the possibilities. We will also tackle five of the best products that you can find in the marketplace.
Benefits of Water Faucet Filters
Below are some of the compelling reasons on why you should invest in the best water faucet filter:
- Save Money: Without water filters in your faucet, you will buy bottled water. The long-term costs will be high, especially if you live in a large household. Installing a water filter is an economical solution since you can drink water straight from the faucet.
- Clean and Safe Water: Another reason why you should invest in a faucet water filter is because it removes impurities in water, such as lead and mercury. This is a good thing if you want to prioritize your health.
- Improve Taste: Contaminants in water do not only impact your health, but also alters its taste. With this, if you want clean-tasting and odorless water, the use of filters is a must.
- Ease of Installation: It is also a good thing that faucet water filters will be a snap to assemble. Most of them can be installed in just a single click. This is as against more complicated filtration systems, such as those that you need to install under the sink.
Dangers of Drinking Unfiltered Water
Still not convinced that you need to buy a faucet water filter? Below are some of the things that can happen if you drink unfiltered water:
- Mental and Physical Development: Lead is one of the most common contaminants found in water. several studies in the past reveal that it is responsible for deterring the healthy development of children.
- Cancer: Many old pipe systems still contain asbestos, which is found in concrete. When it is disturbed, asbestos can mix with water. High concentration to this can be a leading cause of mesothelioma and colon cancer.
- Diabetes: Untreated water can contain arsenic. This compound can cause not only cancer, but can also be a reason for the onset of Type II diabetes.
- Thyroid Dysfunction: This is caused by a chemical known as perchlorate. The latter is usually present in fuels for rockets and missiles. Without current federal legislations, it can also mix with your drinking water.
- Weak Immune System: When you drink unfiltered water for an extended period, your body’s defense will be weaker. The physical, chemical, biological, and radiological contaminants in water will make you more susceptible to a number of health problems and may affect the ability of the body to heal.
- Diarrhea: If you are frequently suffering from diarrhea, the quality of your drinking water is possibly one of the culprits. The pathogens can arise from fecal matter that gets mixed in the water.
- Dental Health: Drinking contaminated and unfiltered water can also give rise to a number of dental problems, such as fluorosis, which is common in underdeveloped countries with poor water supply. This disease can lead to unsightly brown appearance of the teeth.
Watch the short video below and learn more why you should never drink unfiltered tap water:
Choosing the Best Faucet Water Filter
Unsure which filter will work best for your needs? Below are some of the most important considerations that will make it easy for you to narrow down the possibilities:
- Construction: This will refer to the material that is used in the water filter. In most instances, metal is a good choice simply because it will have a powerful grip on the faucet. See to it that the material is resistant to rusting and corrosion as the latter can contaminate water.
- Filtration Capacity: You also need to think of how long will the filter last. If you want the best value for money, choose one that can last for a long time. Most of the models can filter 100 to 200 gallons of water, which will be good enough for one to three months.
- Filtration Capability: This simply means that you have to think of what the filter can do and how much of the contaminants it can remove. For the best outcomes, pick a product that will remove more than 70 contaminants, including lead and arsenic.
- Ease of Use: See to it that the installation of the faucet water filter will be quick to accomplish. In the case of most products, they offer one-click installation, which will allow you to use the water filter in no time.
- Warranty: To have peace of mind, choose one that comes with a warranty. Usually, the warranty will be anywhere from one to two years. If the product becomes defective, as long as it is within the warranty, the manufacturer can have it repaired or they will replace the defective parts without any cost on your end.
- Reviews: By this time, if you still feel like it is difficult to make the right choice, you should consult with the opinions of other people, especially in the form of online reviews. You can use their real-life experiences to easily differentiate the possibilities and come up with the right decision.
Top Picks for the Best Water Filter
What product can offer the best value for money? To help you decide, below are five of the options that should be part of your list.
This is a replacement cartridge for FM15A faucet mount-filter. If you are looking for a cartridge that comes with a budget-friendly price in the absence of compromising quality, this will make an excellent choice. This is a proof that not all good things need to cost a fortune.
It offers value for money not only because of its cheap price, but also because it can last long. Based on the technical details from the manufacturer, it can filter up to 200 gallons of water. On average, it will take approximately two months before it will ask for a replacement.
The advanced filtration system of this product is one of its greatest features, making it a top pick for most people. It is constructed in such a way that it can get rid of lead, chlorine, and atrazine, among other impurities that can possibly have a negative effect on the safety of your drinking water.
It is also important to note that the product has undergone stringent quality control. It has passed numerous tests to make sure that the quality will be superior.
- Affordable price
- Easy to install
- Fits securely in faucets
- Only a replacement cartridge
- Water flow can be unsteady
One of the most impressive things about this product is that it features the revolutionary MAXION filter technology. The latter is an innovation that allows the filter to remove more than 70 contaminants that are normally present in water. The outcome is that you will have a clean-tasting and safe water to drink at home.
Each filter has the ability to treat more than 100 gallons of water. Because there are two pieces in one pack, you can expect it to last long. However, to experience the bet outcomes, the manufacturer recommends that you change the filter at least once every three months.
It is also an excellent in terms of versatility as it is compatible with all PUR faucet filtration system. Its installation will also be effortless.
The brand has been in the business for more than four decades. Their experience in the global marketplace is one thing that can provide you with peace of mind.
- One pack contains two filters
- Delivers effective filtration capabilities
- Poor usage indicator
- Can be quite heavy for the faucet
One of the first things that you will notice in this product is its aesthetics. Adding it in the kitchen sink will give the space a distinct and elegant appeal, especially because of its finish. Plus, you will also love the fact that it offers one-click installation.
Based on the tests that have been conducted to ensure the quality of this filter, it is capable of removing more than 70 contaminants in your drinking water, which include lead, mercury, and pesticides.
Another feature worth commending in this product is its electronic filter life indicator. The latter will help to eliminate guesswork as it will provide you with an immediate warning when the filter reaches it maximum capacity and when there is already a need for replacement.
Lastly, it also comes with a durable construction, providing you with the assurance that it is built to withstand the test of time.
- Has an elegant design
- Can swivel 360 degrees
- Installs in a snap
- Not compatible with some faucets
- Only one filter is included
One of the things that you might find to be exceptional in this product is the fact that it is user-friendly. Once it is taken out of the box, its assembly can be completed in a snap. It offers one-click installation, which simplifies everything.
The life of the filter is similar to most of the products that we have mentioned in this post. It will be good for filtering up to 100 gallons of water. On average, this means that the filter will be usable for two to three months.
Unsure if the filter already needs to be changed? You do not have to be left guessing. You will love this product because it has a filter life indicator.
Lastly, it also has an elegant look, which is because of its black finish. This is a good addition in the kitchen if you want to pull a modern and sleek ambiance.
- Easy to install
- Aesthetically-pleasing design
- Affordable price
- Too large for some
- Can be a bit flimsy
Have you been spending too much for bottled water? If you are looking for a more economical alternative, this product will do the job. One filter can replace up to 750 bottles of water. This is not only economical, but is also good for the environment.
Taking a look at the features of this water filter, one of the most impressive is the fact that it has BPA-free construction. It is made from food-grade materials and you can be sure that it will not be toxic in any way.
The one-click installation, similar to other products mentioned earlier, is also a good thing. You do not have to suffer from complications. Even without asking for a helping hand, you will be able to accomplish its assembly in a snap.
Lastly, there is also an electronic indicator that will provide you with an immediate notification if you need to replace the existing filter.
- BPA-free design
- Durable construction
- Easy to install
- Quite expensive
The best faucet water filter can translate to huge savings in the long run as there is no need to buy filtered or bottled water. Right from the sink, you can pour water in your glass and drink it with confidence, knowing that it is free from contaminants or impurities.
From the five products we have mentioned, if there is one that stands out from the others, it would be Culligan FM-15RA Filter Cartridge. While the latter is only a replacement cartridge for an existing filtration system, it is excellent in terms of performance. It is easy to install, comes with a cheap price, and best of all, can effectively filter drinking water.