Best Iced Tea Maker: An Easy Way to Prepare your Drink
Making your own iced tea may seem like a difficult task, but in reality, it can be easy. You just need to have the best iced tea maker, which will make the entire process a lot easier. It will help in the elimination of guesswork and in making sure that you will have a refreshing drink in a snap.
If you are looking for an iced tea maker and if you are clueless on which one will make the right choice, keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll share with you some of the things that you need to consider, as well as the top products that are available in the market.
What is an Iced Tea Maker?
In the past, it steeping tea will take a longtime, probably several hours. With this, an iced tea maker will make your life easier. As the name implies, it is a handy appliance that will allow you to steep loose or bagged tea in an instant.
The way it works will depend on the specific product that will be chosen. You can use a conventional coffee and tea maker, such as a French press. After making the tea, you can just mix it with ice to make it cold.
Others, however, are specifically made for making iced tea alone. In most models, they work like a percolator. It starts by brewing the tea, and after which, it will be poured directly in a pitcher that is filled with ice.
Essential Factors to Consider
Below are some of the most important things that should be taken into account as you try to weigh the possibilities that you will be confronted with:
- Feedbacks: The first thing that you have to do is to read the feedbacks of other people. This will make it easier for you to see how one product is better than all others. The experiences of other people will be a good starting point.
- Capacity: How much can the iced tea maker brew at a time? This will also have a direct influence on the size of the unit. See to it that it is space-efficient, especially if you have limited space in the kitchen or storage cabinet.
- Carafe: For most models, they have plastic or glass carafe. If it is made from glass, see to it that it is strong enough and not easily prone to shattering. For plastic, on the other hand, it should not be prone to warping and must be BPA-free.
- Ease of Use: From steeping the tea to brewing the drink out of the pitcher or carafe, choose a product that is as user-friendly as possible. It should be free from complications. The controls must be easy to access. The manufacturer must also provide comprehensive instructions.
- Clean-up: In line with being user-friendly, you should also choose a product that will be effortless to clean and maintain. It will also be good if it is dishwasher-safe, which means that cleaning it will require less of an effort on your end.
- Versatility: There are different things that will make one product versatile. For instance, it is good if it can deliver multiple functionalities, aside from just brewing tea. It will also be good if there are several options when it comes to brew strength or brewing time. You should always be in control.
- Warranty: It is inevitable that an iced tea maker will experience defects or will have broken parts. If there is an extensive warranty coverage, you can expect support from the manufacturer. They will have it repaired for free or replace the broken parts.
Tips in Making the Perfect Iced Tea
The use of the right machine is just the tip of the iceberg. If you want to make the perfect iced tea, below are some of the most important things that should be taken into consideration:
- Make sure that there will be no loose ends. This will make it annoying to drink the tea. With this, it is a good idea to use a strainer if ever you brew loose-leaf tea.
- Do not put all your attention in the tea and the iced tea maker. It is also important to pay attention to the water that will be used. See to it that it has no contaminants or chemicals that can give it an unpleasant aftertaste.
- Want it sweet without adding artificial sugar? Use fruits as natural sweeteners. They will add a distinct flavor to your iced tea and will make it more refreshing. Oranges, lemons, apricots, peach, strawberry, watermelon, and figs are some of the best options you might want to consider.
- Just like in the case of adding fruits, herbs can also help to make it more delicious. It adds not only flavor, but also aroma to your iced tea. Lavender, mint, and basil are just some of the best herbs that you might want to consider.
- Regular cleaning of the iced tea maker is necessary. You should also not use detergent that is too strong. It can leave a lingering smell and will affect the flavor of the iced tea that you will make.
- It is also important to consume the iced tea as soon as possible. If it needs to be refrigerated, it is bet to drink it within 24 to 48 hours. Keep in a pitcher with tight cap. If you do not drink it sooner, much of the flavor and aroma will be lost.
The short video below will provide you with more insights on how to make the perfect iced tea:
Top Picks for the Best Iced Tea Maker
In this section, we will identify five of the products that you might want to consider, as well as their notable features. We will also go through their pros and cons, making it easier for you to have a thorough evaluation of the possibilities.
Value for money – this is one of the reasons why this can prove to be an impressive choice. Aside from being able to make tea, it is also good for coffee and espresso. It is a multipurpose product that can be used in more ways than one. There are also four filter screens and a spoon that is made from stainless steel.
It comes with a stainless steel plunger system, which also makes it useful for steeping tea. Aside from this, you can also use it for lemonades, hot chocolate, and fruit infusions. Sky is the limit when it comes to the beverages that you can make with the use of this product.
However, if there is one thing that you should note, it is the fact that it does not make tea cold. You have to steep the tea first, and later on, you can transfer it in a glass with ice to make it cold.
- Bundled with a variety of accessories
- Makes even coffee
- Large capacity
- Glass can be easily prone to cracking
- Filter could be better
Technically, this is an electric kettle, which has programs for making different types of beverages. You can use it for making coffee, as well as different types of tea, such as oolong and black. It should be noted, however, that the tea it will make is hot. You need to wait for it to cool down before it is iced.
The blue backlit water window is also a plus for this product. This is excellent not only in terms of aesthetics, but also when it comes to functionality. You can easily monitor the level of water inside. Plus, there are visible markings outside to know its measurement.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a stay-cool handle. Even if it has been steeping tea for quite some time, you can be confident that the exterior won’t be too hot.
- Multipurpose appliance
- Sleek and elegant finish
- Made by a trusted brand
- Poor customer service
- Not long lasting
If you are looking for a user-friendly product, this is an option that should be on the top of the list. All that you have to do is to add tea and water. Leave it for a few minutes to steep. If you want to enjoy your drink over ice, however, you should brew the tea in double strength.
The brewing chamber is one of the best features that you can find in this product. This provides the tea leaves the room to expand, making it possible to extract the most flavor and aroma.
The drain mechanism, which is a patented technology, is another thing that makes this an impressive option. This will prevent clogging.
One of the potential drawbacks, however, is that it is made from plastic, which makes it quite fragile. With this, it is important to be careful in handling it. To add, it is also a good thing that the plastic is BPA-free, which means that it is free from toxic ingredients.
- Affordable price
- Generous capacity
- Cleaning can be tricky
- Not durable
The versatility of this iced tea maker is one of the things that you will love. You have the option to use loose or bagged tea. Regardless of which one you opt for, you can be confident that the outcome will be a refreshing drink.
Speed is another reason why it is better than many others. It delivers fast brewing cycle. With this, there is no need to wait for a long time before your drink is ready.
To add, this product also comes with an automatic shut-off function. The latter is essential for safety and will also offer durability as it prevents the internal components from wear and tear.
The pitcher that is included in this product has a 2-quart capacity, which is pretty much generous compared to most of the options that are available. It is also a good thing that it is dishwasher-safe, which means that keeping it clean will be a snap on your end.
- Affordable price
- Easy to use
- Brews quickly
- Lid can be hard to turn
- Can seem flimsy
Among others, one thing that you might love about this product is the fact that it has a capacity of three quarts. This will allow you to make more iced tea within a short span of time. To add, it is also great that you have the option to use either bagged or loose leaf tea.
The simplicity of this product is another good reason to have it considered above all others. There is a simple on/off button that makes its operation a snap. Also, you will love how it has automatic shutoff, which will allow you to leave it on its own once it has already started brewing.
You might also find the overall design of the pitcher to be impressive. There are markings, which will allow you to easily see the measurement of the water. It also comes with a nice handle, making it comfortable to hold. Lastly, it comes with a non-drip sprout.
- Large capacity
- Pitcher has a well-designed handle
- Affordable price
- Made from plastic
- Can be prone to leaking
In sum, with the best iced tea maker, it will be easy for you to make a refreshing drink at the comfort of your own place. Such product can deliver a wide array of benefits, but such will only be the case if you choose the right product. We hope that the discussions above have provided you with insights that can help in making the right decision.
From the five products that have been mentioned above, if there is one I can recommend, it would be Mr. Coffee TM70 3-quart Iced Tea Maker. The latter is made specifically for making iced tea. It comes with a well-designed pitcher that has generous capacity. It also comes with a user-friendly design, making it perfect for everyone.