Best Manual Coffee Grinder / Best Hand Coffee Grinder Reviews
Having a hard time searching for the best manual coffee grinder? Do not make things any harder for you. With our help, you can easily make the right choice and you will be assured that you will end up with a decision that will not bring regrets in the future. Keep on reading this post, and in the end, it will be a snap for you to make the right pick.
With the use of the best hand coffee grinder, you will be able to enjoy an experience that is more personal. You will feel a sense of fulfilment once you taste your coffee, which, you can say, is a labor of love and hard work!
Reviews of Top 5 Best Manual Coffee Grinder
Here, we will have a glance at five of the best options that can be considered. We will also look at a few of their commendable features, as well as the good and the bad about each of them.
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill Skerton
If you are looking for the best within the product category, this is one product that should be on the top of your list. Among other things, the ceramic burrs give it a distinct advantage above others in the competitive landscape. The design of the latter guarantees that it will not only be able to deliver consistent performance, but that it will also be long-lasting.
It is well-designed, and one that proves this is the rubber base. It is designed with a rubber-infused bottom, which will make it stable in its place when you grind. Regardless of the effort that you exert, it will not move from its position.
It is also small and lightweight. Given the sleek profile of this manual coffee grinder, it will be perfect even for small kitchens. This also means that it won’t consume too much space in the cabinet when it is stored.
Because of the small and portable size of this model, it is also a good thing that it is made for frequent travelers. Whether in a hotel or campsite, you can easily bring it with you. Given its size, it will sure be easy to carry.
It also features easily adjustable grind size. This is one more thing that will make it excellent when talking about versatility. You can choose to have coarse or fine grinds depending on what you want for your coffee. You will always be in complete control with the use of this manual grinder.
Lastly, it is also a good thing that the bottom part can be twisted. This will make it easy for you to access the content inside the jar. This will add up to the convenience of using this manual coffee grinder.
- Designed with a stable base
- Cleaning is a snap
- Produces consistent grinds
- No indicator marks
- Adjustments can be tricky
Porlex JP-30 Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
The impressive performance of this model can be attributed to a number of factors, specifically to its ceramic burrs. The latter is better than steel, basically because it produces lesser heat. It can also operate smoothly. The problem, however, is that ceramic burrs can break easily compared to those that are made from steel.
When it comes to capacity, it has the ability to hold up to 30 grams of beans. With this, it is apparent that it is a bit small. This makes it perfect only for personal use. If you are looking for a large coffee grinder, this is not a choice for you.
The stainless steel body is also impressive. Aside from resisting static, it is also aesthetically-pleasing. It comes with a pleasing design that is sure to turn heads. More than its style, such material is also good because it is long-lasting.
It offers 12 adjustable grind setting, which should be more than enough for a grinder that is meant specifically for personal use. There is a dial below the burr, which will be effortless for you to adjust. You will surely appreciate how it gives you a wide array of choices on how you want to grind your beans.
Another good feature of this manual coffee grinder is the removable base. This will make it easy to take out the ground beans and will lessen the possibility of creating mess in the work area.
Cleaning the unit is not going to make you sweat. It will be effortless to maintain the unit. The material used in the burr makes sure that it is not going to be prone to rusting. A cleaning brush or cloth will be more than enough to clean the unit. Just make sure that it is cleaned regularly.
- Produces even grinds
- Produces minimal heat
- Adjustments are easy
- Minimal capacity
- Preparation takes a while
Porlex Mini Stainless Steel Coffee Grinder
With a capacity of only 20 grams, this is the perfect choice for those who are looking for a sleek and portable option for the best manual coffee grinder. While it can be a benefit, it can also be a drawback, considering the fact that the grinds that it can handle will be minimal. This is recommended only for personal use.
Are you looking for a product that can deliver precise results? This is one option that you are sure to like. Being made with ceramic burrs, it will surely be long-lasting. The said material is also excellent because it is not going to rust. It will also be easy to clean.
Thinking about your comfort? If you are, this is going to be an exceptional pick for you. One of the features that you are sure to love is the silicone grip. This will make it easy for you to hold the grip, even for an extended period of time. For sure, you won’t have to complain of discomfort.
Aside from the grip, it also comes with a cylindrical shape, which you can easily grip with one hand. By applying force on one hand, you can keep it stable on the surface while the other hand is grinding.
The stainless steel construction of its body will also be worth noting. It means that it is going to be almost indestructible. Even through the years, you can be confident that it will not deteriorate easily.
Lastly, it also comes with a sleek and almost hidden dial, which will allow you to choose the specific settings depending on how you would like the grind to be. The assurance is that it will be consistent.
- Lightweight and compact
- Excellent quality burrs
- Easy to use
- No advanced features
- Minimal capacity
Hario Canister Ceramic Coffee Mill
The vintage design of this model is one of its excellent features. This will not only be a functional piece at home, but it can also be decorative. For sure, you would not want to keep it inside the cabinet. Place it on the countertop and it will be easy for your guests to have it noticed.
To allow it to deliver an exceptional performance, it is integrated with ceramic burrs. Compared to steel, ceramic is a better material because of its ability to resist heat when grinding, contributing to the excellent quality of your coffee.
When it comes to capacity, this manual coffee grinder will be able to hold 120 grams of coffee. This is pretty much impressive. Whether it is for personal use or for a small group, this will be more than enough.
Many coffee grinders available in the market are known for their production of loud and annoying noise. They can be disruptive. The good news is that such is not one thing to worry about in the case of this model.
The removable base is also a good thing about this model. This will make it more convenient to use, especially when it comes to cleaning. This will also make it effortless to pour the content of the jar.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a sealable lid. There is a silicone that can be found on the top of the jar. This makes sure that it is going to be air tight when the jar is properly closed. This will be helpful in being able to maintain the freshness of your coffee.
- Adjustments are straightforward
- Appealing vintage design
- Grinds with consistency
- Assembly can be tricky
- Silicone lid can easily fall
Zassenhaus Santiago Coffee Mill Grinder
The first thing that you will notice about this model is its beautiful design. At first look, you might not even think that it is a coffee grinder. This can be an excellent accent piece in any kitchen when it is not used.
Part of its aesthetics can be attributed to the material that is used in the product. It is made with the use of mahogany finish and European beech wood. For sure, this will be appealing and will make people envious of what you have.
To provide you with peace of mind, the manufacture extends a warranty that is top of the line. In fact, it is hard to find any other company that could rival its warranty. For a period of 25 years, they guarantee that the coffee grinder will never break, at least its grinding mechanism.
The conical burrs, made from ceramic, is also impressive. It may not be as long-lasting as steel, but the good thing is that it prevents the production of heat when grinding, making it possible to retain the best quality of your beans.
In many of the hand grinders that you can find in the market, they are integrated with a jar. In the case of this model, it comes with a well-designed drawer, which comes with a tiny handle, making it easy to have it pulled.
- High-quality materials
- Extensive warranty coverage
- Impressive design
- A bit heavy
- Comes with a high price
Things to Consider in Choosing the Best Hand Coffee Grinder
Below, we will have a look at some of the factors that should be given careful thought as they will greatly impact the decision you will make.
- Size: The right size will be a matter of personal preference. There is no universal rule when it comes to which one is the best. For most people, however, the better choice is one that is sleek and compact. This means that it will consume minimal space in the storage cabinets, as well as in your counter. If the size is small, on the other hand, it may be good only for personal use.
- Material: You also have to look at the main material that is used in the construction of the coffee grinder. This is going to be indicative of its quality and durability. Ceramic and stainless steel are two of the most popular options. They are known for being long-lasting, as well as stylish.
- Ease of Cleaning: Like in the case of electronic coffee grinders, regular cleaning is necessary in order to maintain the highest quality of the product. With this, we suggest that you look for a product that will be effortless to clean. Also, right after every use, see to it that it will be properly cleaned before being stored.
- Warranty: Your goal is to get the most out of what you will be spending for the hand coffee grinder. With this, you should also consider the warranty that is extended by the manufacturer. It will be good if it lasts for several years, or even a lifetime. With this, provided that you follow the terms from the manufacturer, they can have the product repaired for free if it experiences problems that are not due to your negligence.
- Consistency: One of the most important for a coffee grinder is for such to be able to create consistent results. This means that when it grinds, the result should have the same fineness or coarseness. Choose one that will be able to perform in a consistent manner, which will also be indicative of its performance.
- Style: You should also consider aesthetics as you try to evaluate the options that are available in the market. While function is important, form is also a critical consideration. It will be good if you can find a stylish product, which will make it an excellent decorative piece in the kitchen as well.
- Ease of Use: While hand coffee grinders are operated manually, it does not mean that using such would be a hard task. There are some that can be used in a snap. Make sure to pay attention to this. A good way to evaluate how easy one is to use would be through reading feedbacks from other users. The experiences that they share can be an excellent basis for the decision that you will be making.
- Versatility: It is also best if you can choose a hand coffee grinder that offers different settings for the size of the grinds, making it offer versatility. In many instances, they are equipped with dots or numbers, which will indicate the coarseness setting.
Hand-cranking your coffee will require time and effort on your end. Some might instantly ditch the idea, thinking that it can be a tiring process. Yes, it may not be the most convenient way of preparing your caffeine fix, but the good thing is that it can be a personally-fulfilling experience. It will provide you with the assurance that you will be grinding beans only enough for your consumption. There are also fewer moving parts, which will make them long-lasting. Many are also simple and straightforward to use.
While they can offer a number of advantages, keep in mind that they are not all the same. It is important to exert conscious effort when searching for thebest manual coffee grinder. Your decision should be based on a combination of important factors, and not solely on price. Sometimes, the better ones are those with a higher price tag. We highly-recommend that you go through reviews from different users and learn from the experiences and insights that they are sharing. If you are struggling to make the decision, go back to the models that we have suggested above. For sure, choosing these products will make you highly-satisfied.