Best Meat Slicer: The Perfect Replacement for a Kitchen Knife
Slicing meat is a tedious task, especially if you need to do it a lot of time. It will require quite an effort on your end, which becomes more difficult if the meat is thick. The good news is that you can always resort to the use of the best meat slicer. For sure, it will make your life easier in more ways than one.
Clueless about what meat slicer makes the best choice? Confused with too many options that are available in the market? We are here to extend a helping hand. Keep on reading the rest of this post and we’ll have a look at some of the best options available in the market. We hope that this guide will make it easier for you to make the right decision.
Types of Meat Slicer
The first thing that you have to do is to decide on the type of meat slicer that is perfect for your needs. In this case, you will generally be confronted with two options:
- Manual Meat Slicer: If you are looking for an affordable product, this should be on the top of your list. However, this will require more effort on your end as you need to manually do the slicing task. It is also slower compared to its counterpart.
- Electric Meat Slicer: This is the more popular choice as it requires minimal effort on your end. There is an electric motor that automatically moves the food carriage. They are easy to use and is more powerful, making it easy to cut even thick meat.
Benefits of a Meat Slicer
Why should you invest in a meat slicer? The following are some of the reasons that can possibly convince you to buy one:
- Save Money: Buying pre-sliced meat is expensive. With this, you will realize huge savings in the long run if you will buy a whole slab of meat and just cut it on your own. The initial cost of owning a meat slicer may be high, but this can be compensated by the long-term savings it can provide.
- Save Time: Aside from financial savings, using a meat slicer is also a great time-saver. Imagine cutting large cuts of meat. It is going to be a tedious task, especially if you have to do it often. It will be a lot quicker with the right meat slicer.
- Accuracy: Slicing meat by hand will most likely lead to inaccurate thickness of the meat. With this, a meat slicer offers the perfect solution as it will allow you to make uniform slices. You can even adjust how thick or thin you want each cut to be.
- Versatile: Another thing that makes a meat slicer a good investment is the fact that it can deliver multiple functionalities. While many will use it primarily for cutting meats, it can function beyond such. You can also use it for cutting cheese, vegetables, and bread, among others.
Below is a short video that shows you how to use a meat slicer. Keep these things in mind to fully maximize the benefits that have been discussed above:
Essential Factors to Consider
To make it easier for you to narrow down the possibilities and make the right choice, below are some of the things that you should take into account:
- Power: For electric meat slicers, you have to look at the horsepower, which will be indicative of its power and performance. The higher the horsepower is, the more powerful is the meat slicer. Choose one that is more powerful for frequent use.
- Blade: Stainless steel is one of the most common materials used in the blade of meat slicers. The material should be long lasting. The size of the blade is also important. For light use, 9 to 10 inches will be enough. For more demanding uses, on the other hand, a 12-inch blade is excellent.
- Food Tray: This will hold the meat after it is sliced. Most of the meat slicers will have a 7 to 10-inch food tray.
- Materials: You need to take a look at the overall construction and the materials that are used, which will be highly-instrumental of durability. Aluminum and stainless steel are common. The material in the gear is also critical. Nylon gears are preferred, basically because they operate smoother and with lesser noise.
- Adjustments: For the best value for money, pick one that comes with an adjustable thickness. See to it that there is an easy to access knob, which will make it a snap to set the desired thickness depending on the outcomes that are anticipated.
- Ease of Cleaning: To make the meat slicer last longer, it is necessary that it is regularly cleaned and maintained. Having removable parts is a plus because this makes them easier to clean.
- Warranty: An excellent product comes with an extensive warranty coverage. Many options would come with a one year warranty, while the better ones should offer more than that. You can expect support from the manufacturer, such as free repair and replacement of the defective parts.
- Reviews: At the end of the day, if you cannot decide which one to choose, you should rely on what other people have to say, specifically in the form of online reviews. You can learn a lot from their experiences, which will make it easy for you to narrow down the possibilities.
Top Picks for the Best Meat Slicer
If you are still having a hard time deciding which one to choose, below are five of the best products you might want to take into consideration.
Among others, the high-torque motor of this product is one of its most exceptional features. The latter will make sure that it is going to operate without any difficulty. There are also smooth gears, which will make it effortless to make continuous slices.
The stainless steel blade is also a plus. It delivers superior cutting power, regardless of the meat that you will have to slice. It is even made better by the fact that you can make the desired blade adjustments depending on what is needed.
There are also features that will make sure of its safe operation. One of the perfect examples of the latter is the ability of the food carriage to remain in a secure position, making sure that your hand won’t accidentally touch the blade.
Lastly, this will not also disappoint when it comes to durability. It is made from premium materials, providing you with the guarantee that it will be able to withstand the test of time. Aside from the stainless steel blade, all other components are made from cast aluminum.
- Effortless to use
- Durable construction
- Comes with a high-torque motor
- Lacks portability
- Requires a large space
The high-quality construction of this meat slicer is one thing that will captivate your attention. It is made from a combination of stainless steel and cast aluminum. Both of the materials are known for their strength, guaranteeing long-term functionality.
It comes with a 120-watt motor, which is another feature that makes this an exceptional pick. It will slice continuously, and more importantly, without producing heat. It stays cool, regardless of the intensity of the slices that it will make.
Some people might not appreciate it, but you might also like the food pusher that is incorporated. This makes it easy to make sure that there will be no clogs in between slices.
The 7-inch slicing blade, which is made from stainless steel is also impressive. It is made from a durable material, which allows it to cut thick meat without showing signs of difficulty.
Lastly, when it comes to ease of cleaning, you will most probably love it as well. It is designed in such a way that cleaning it will be a lot easier.
- Motor stays cool
- Made from high-quality materials
- Performs impressive cuts
- There’s a gap between feed tray and machine
- Not for super-thin slices
This is one product that should be on the top of your list if you are looking for one that comes with an affordable price. Despite being an economical option, it does not fail to deliver an impressive slicing performance, even for thick meats.
Taking a look at its features, one thing that makes this an impressive choice is the 8.7-inch serrated blade, which allows it to cut different types of meat. It is made from hardened stainless steel, which is excellent when talking about durability.
In terms of versatility, you might also like how it has an adjustable knob that will allow you to easily adjust how thin or thick it slices.
There are also several safety features that give it an edge above many others within the competition. For instance, one thing that we liked is the non-skid feet. It has a rubber base that makes it stable, even when cutting thick meat.
Lastly, it is made from die cast aluminum, which will provide you with the confidence that it is made to be long-lasting.
- Can effortlessly cut thick meats
- Sharp blade
- Affordable price
- Motor is prone to overheating
The expensive price of this product is one thing that may easily put a lot of people off. Nonetheless, its high price can be justified by its features. This is not only a meat slicer. It is a food slicer. It can be used even for cheese and you can be confident that it will deliver exceptional construction.
It is also worth noting that it comes with a premium V-belt design. The latter is the one that is responsible for the reduction of noise and vibration. It will never be annoying, unlike others that produce a loud noise.
There are also different features that will provide an assurance of your safety. For instance, it comes with a rubber feet to offer exceptional stability. There is also a blade ring guard to ensure its safe operation.
Lastly, it comes with an aluminum body that does not fail to impress in terms of long-lasting functionality. There are two stones on the top, which will help to keep the blade sharp.
- Delivers multiple functionalities
- User-friendly design
- Blade does not need frequent sharpening
- Expensive price
- Flimsy construction
The brand name of this meat slicer is already a good reason to consider it above other models. It is made by Cuisinart, one of the most trusted names in the market for kitchen appliances. This speaks a lot about the quality that you can expect from the product.
It comes with a 7.5-inch blade, which can also be removed. It is made from stainless steel, which is an excellent material when it comes to durability.
The slice control knob is also a great feature. This provides you complete control when using the meat slicer. The knob is in a strategic position, which will allow you to easily adjust the thickness from 1/32 to ½ inch.
Lastly, the combination of die cast aluminum and steel used in the body of the slicer is also a good thing. The latter allows it to withstand the test of time. Such materials are also easy to clean and maintain.
- Easy to use
- Made by a trusted brand
- Comes with an affordable price
- Can make a noticeable noise
- Blade can be prone to being stuck
The best meat slicer is one thing that you should definitely have in the kitchen. Slicing meat will no longer be a tedious task. However, to enjoy its many benefits, you should choose the right product. We hope that this guide was able to provide you with an enlightenment on which one makes the perfect choice.
If there is one product that I can personally recommend, it is Chef’s Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer. It comes with a durable body, which will allow it to deliver long-term functionality. It also has a high-torque motor that will provide the confidence that it will tackle any task.