Best Slow Juicer for the Money: Top Products to Buy
Are you interested in having a heathier and fitter life? Do you want to make your own nutritious drink at home instead of buying expensive ones that are commercially available? In these instances, you need to have the best slow juicer.
Also known as single gear or masticating juicer, it usually comes with a single screw-shaped gear that is designed to optimize the process of extracting juice from the source. It offers a number of benefits compared to traditional juicers, such as higher yield and being able to retain nutritional value.
If you are searching for a slow juicer, keep on reading the rest of this post. We will discuss some of the most important considerations, as well as the top picks that you can find in the market.
Benefits of a Slow Juicer
While there are different types of juicers that ate available, a slow juicer can be better in more ways than one. With this, the following are some of the benefits of a slow juicer, which can easily convince you to make it an addition to your kitchen appliances:
- Maximum Nutrition: This is one of its best advantages compared to a centrifugal juicer. Its speed is usually just between 40 to 160 RPM, which also means that less heat is produced. The gentle extraction results to leaving the enzymes, trace minerals, natural sugar, and beneficial vitamins.
- Reduces Oxidation: Another good thing about a slow juicer is that the ingredients have minimum air exposure. This is also because of its low speed. When there is less oxidation, you can preserve the nutritional value of the ingredients even after it turns to juice.
- Higher Yield: It should also be noted that a slow juicer will generally be able to extract more juice from fruits and vegetables. In fact, it is believed that the juice will be 20% more compared to what you can extract from a centrifugal juicer.
- Low Noise: Especially if you have a small place, juicers can produce a loud an annoying noise as it extracts. In the case of slow juicers, on the other hand, this should not be a problem. Since it has slow speed, there is low noise.
- Versatile: Compared to a centrifugal juicier, a slow juicer is better when it comes to versatility as it can do more. You can use it for blending even green and leafy vegetables. It can also produce milk from nuts.
Below is a short video clip that shows the difference of a slow juicer with conventional juicer, which will also highlight the many benefits that it can deliver:
Types of Slow Juicer
Generally speaking, slow juicers can be categorized into two:
- Single Auger: Also known as a single gear juicer, this can be an excellent choice if you are looking for an affordable option. It comes with only a single gear, which also means that its juicing capabilities will be limited. They are not as long-lasting as their counterpart.
- Double Auger: This model comes with two gears that work together as the unit extracts juice. It is more durable and powerful, making it ideal even for heavy-duty juicing. It also produces lesser friction on the motor.
How To Choose the Best Slow Juicer
Below, we will have a rundown of some of the most important factors that you should consider as you try to narrow down the options that are available for the best slow juicer:
- Power: One of the most important considerations is the power of the motor, which will be indicative of the performance of the juicer. If you want a juicer that can be used basically form leafy vegetables, 400 watts will be sufficient.
- Speed: This is another criterion to consider to evaluate the performance of the juicer. Some centrifugal juicers can produce as much as 10,000 RPM. For slow juicers, on the other hand, 100 RPM is common. Choosing slower speed is better.
- Materials: A slow juicer should be long-lasting, which makes it critical to be made using the right materials. With this, some of the most common include steel, carbon, and plastic. Many use a combination of these materials to achieve both form and function.
- Container: You also have to consider the container or pitcher of the slow juicer. It will be good if there is a clear container with markings on the side, which will make it easy for you to ensure the right measurements. The container should be made from non-toxic materials.
- Durability: See to it that the slow juicer will be functional for a long time. Most single auger slow juicers will be good for up to two years. Double auger juicers, on the other hand, has a typical lifespan of five years.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: Ideally, choose a slow juicer that is effortless to clean. It is good to choose a juicer that comes with reverse motion. The latter is one thing that will prevent clogging and will extend the functional life of the slow juicer.
- Size: Space efficiency is another important factor that should be given careful thought. Consider the size of the kitchen and extent of juicing that you will do. You should also think of the space that you have in the kitchen cabinet, not just the countertop.
Top Picks For the Best Slow Juicer Reviews
If you are still clueless about what makes the best choice for a slow juicer, below are five options you might want to consider.
This can be an ideal choice if you are looking for a slow juicer that comes with an economical price. More than just being affordable, it is also made by one of the most trusted brands in the market, which can give you the confidence about its quality and functionality.
In terms of performance, this can prove to be an exceptional choice. One reason for this is the 400-watt motor. It also comes with a stainless steel cutter, which optimizes its ability to extract juice from the source while retaining beneficial nutrients.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a 28-ounce pulp collector. The latter is one of the reasons why you can expect that cleanup will be a breeze. You can also customize the amount of pulp that gets into your drink or recycle the pulp in various recipes.
The pitcher that comes with this slow juicer has a capacity of 300 milliliters. It also has a well-designed sprout that makes it easy to transfer the content in a glass. This will minimize spilling and waste of the juice. There are also clear markings for ease of measurement.
- Operates quietly
- Compact size
- Feed chute is small
- Not ideal for high-volume juicing
This is another slow juicer made by a trusted brand, which might easily convince you to choose it above other alternatives in the market. It comes with an 850-watt motor, which delivers dual speed for optimal juicing performance.
Among others, the three-inch feeder chute is one of the design elements that made this an impressive pick. With its size, it can easily accommodate even larger portions of whatever you will be juicing. The chute is also integrated with a micro mesh filter, which can improve yield and retain nutrients.
To make it more efficient, it also comes with blades made from premium stainless steel. It can tackle even the toughest ingredients. It is also a good thing that the blades are long-lasting.
If you are thinking about safety, there is no need to worry. It also has several features to ensure safe operation of the slow juicer. Aside from overload protection, there is also a safety locking arm.
The unit includes a 1-liter jug, which is made from BPA-free materials. Also, there is an included nylon bristle brush, which makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- Durable construction
- User-friendly design
- Powerful Motor
- Lacks efficiency for leafy greens
- Can be noisy
With a speed of only 80 RPM, this is another option that you might want to look at for the best slow juicer. This means that it will perform with less noise, higher juice yield, and maximum nutrition extraction compared to conventional juicers.
The dual stage juicing system is one more thing that can convince you to choose this above others. It starts with extraction through crushing. The pulp is squeezed once again before it goes out of the juicer. This means that you will end up with dry pulp and more juice.
The GE Ultem Auger is also impressive. Compared to others, it is asserted to be eight times more durable compared to most of the options you can find in the market.
Lastly, this can also be excellent when it comes to versatility. It is not only made for juicing, but can be used for other applications as well, such as grinding coffee or making peanut butter, among others.
- Stylish chrome exterior
- Easy to use and clean
- Can be used for storing juice up to 72 hours
- Feeding chute is small
- Can be prone to clogging
Among others, one thing that can make this an excellent choice is the Reverse Function. Simply Push the R switch and the blades will rotate on the opposite direction. This is one good way to prevent clogging and will also make the unit easy to maintain.
Because this is a slow juicer, you can expect maximum extraction for high yield of juice. Also, there will be minimal oxidation. You can expect that the vitamins and minerals will be retained, as against to the use of a centrifugal juicer.
At 65 decibels, you can also expect that this juicer will perform quietly. It will never be annoying, even if you live in a small place.
Lastly, you might also love the fact that it is made using materials that are environment-friendly and non-toxic. You can be confident that there are no chemicals that can possibly be harmful for your health.
- Affordable price
- Operates quietly
- Easy to assemble
- Small size of feed tube
- Not as popular as others
Nutria Disc and the patented juicing system from Breville are just two of the reasons why you may want to include this in your list of choices. This makes it more efficient compared to others, while also increasing yield. To add, it is created in such a way that heat will be low to preserve the vitamins and minerals in your juice.
It has an 850 motor with dual speed. With the latter, you can expect that it will be powerful, allowing it to easily tackle even large chunks of ingredients. To add, it is also great that there is a huge feeder chute, allowing you to easily insert even large cuts of fruits and vegetables.
The juice jug that is included can also prove to be impressive. It has a capacity of 70 fluid ounces, which is larger than most of its competitors. It is also a good thing that you can use the jug to store your juice in the fridge for up to 72 hours.
- High-capacity jug
- BPA-free plastic
- Extra wide feed chute
- Not ideal for leafy greens
- Warranty period is short
The best slow juicer is one appliance that you should have in the kitchen, especially if you want to venture into a fitter and healthier life. Compared to centrifugal juicers, its low speed is beneficial not only because it creates less noise, but also because it can produce high yield and retain the minerals in your juice.
From the five products mentioned above, if there is one I can personally recommend, it is Black+Decker JE2200B Fruit and Vegetable Juice Extractor. It is compact and space-efficient. It has excellent blades for optimal performance. The best thing is that despite its many benefits, this juicer is available at an affordable price.