Best Soda Maker: An Essential Guide for Buyers
A lot of you might seem surprised if I tell you that you can make your own soda water at home. There is no need to have a huge industrial plant with complicated machineries. You also do not need to have the technical expertise to create soda water. As long as you have the best soda maker, you can create your own carbonated beverage in no time.
In your search for a soda maker, you will be confronted with an abundance of options. To make it easier for you to come up with a well-informed decision, this post will extend a helping hand. I will discuss some of the most important considerations and the top products that are currently available in the marketplace.
Benefits of a Soda Maker
Do I really need a soda maker? This was the question that bothered me before. After investing in one, I was able to prove that it is indeed great. With this, the following are some of the benefits that can convince you to purchase a high-quality soda maker:
- Good for the Health: Soda water, just like regular water, will provide the hydration that the body needs. Studies also show that it is great for people who are suffering from impaired digestion and gallstones, among other health problems.
- Improves Taste of Water: A lot of you will agree with me when I say that plain tap water can be boring and tasteless. With this, a soda maker will offer a great solution as it will allow you to make customized beverages with flavors that you will love.
- Convenient: Soda makers are easy to use. The thought of making soda at home can intimidate most people. Nonetheless, as long as you have the right machine, it will not take long and it will not require a lot of effort to make your own carbonated water.
- Complete Control: Owning a soda maker is also good because it provides you with complete control on how your drink will end up. You can choose how fizzy or carbonated it is, depending on your personal preferences. You can also customize the flavors.
- Save Money: Sure, buying soda maker from the supermarket can be convenient. However, if you compute the long-term costs, this will be expensive. A soda maker will have a high initial cost, but if you think of the long-term savings, it will be worth your money.
- Environmentally-Friendly: If you often buy soda water in supermarkets, you will notice how many bottles you are wasting. Throwing them away is bad for the environment. With this, a soda maker will be a good solution as you can save hundreds of bottles in a year.
The short video below will discuss more about the benefits of drinking soda water:
Choosing The Best Soda Maker
To make it easier to narrow down the possibilities that are available in the market, below are some of the most important factors to consider:
- Price: For most of you, the starting point is perhaps the cost of the product. I suggest that you do not pick one model only because it is the cheapest you can find. There is a possibility that performance is compromised in exchange of its price tag.
- Build Quality: This refers to the durability of the product. It should be made from premium materials that are capable of withstanding the test of time. Plastic and metal are two of the most popular materials. Metal is better because it is more durable. This is also a good material of choice because it has a more elegant aesthetics.
- Design: In most households where a soda maker is regularly used, it is often just exposed in the kitchen, displayed in the countertop. With this, aesthetics should be an important consideration as well. Look for a product that will perfectly complement the overall appearance of the kitchen.
- Capacity: To know the capacity of the soda maker, check the bottle and the carbonator. The carbonator’s capacity will dictate how much soda you can produce before asking for a replacement. The capacity of the bottle, on the other hand, will be indicative of how much soda you can make in one go.
- Ease of Use: A lot of us do not have the patience to deal with complications. Choose a product that is as straightforward to operate as possible. See to it as well that the manufacturer provides comprehensive instructions.
- Operation Method: If you have the effort to spare and if you want to be in complete control of the output, a manual soda maker is the best option. For those who are too lazy, on the other hand, opt for an electric soda maker as the functions are automated. All that you have to do is press a single button and your beverage will be ready in no time.
- Warranty: It is inevitable that the soda maker will suffer from problems. Within the warranty period, you can expect reliable support from the manufacturer. They will provide a free repair and replacement of the defective parts. With this, opt for a product that comes with an extensive warranty coverage.
- Feedbacks: It will also be good to rely on the reviews of other people, especially those that you can find online. Through their real-life experiences, it will be easier for you to weigh the pros and cons, and in the end, reach a well-informed decision.
Top Picks for the Best Soda Maker
Below, I will provide you with a glimpse at five of the best products that you can find in the market today. To make it easier for you to evaluate the possibilities, we will discuss not only their noteworthy features, but also their pros and cons.
Simplicity – this is one thing that gives it an edge above many others within the competitive landscape. Even if you have zero knowledge in making sparkling water, this is one product that you will love. Your regular tap water can be carbonated in an instant. You do not need to exert too much effort.
With this product, you can turn boring tap water into a drink that is more exciting and tasty. As a result, based on the data from the company, this allowed users to consume 43% more water compared to the time when they do not have it yet at home.
It is also a good thing that this product helps you to become eco-friendly. Because one cylinder already contains up to 60 liters of soda water, this means that you can save 120 bottles with standard size.
When you purchase this product, a compressed CO2 carbonator is included. With the latter, you will be able to prepare up to six liters of soda water. The manufacturer is also offering a mail-in rebate, which will make you eligible for a free 60-liter carbonator.
- Simple user-interface
- Easy to clean
- Excellent price to value ratio
- Can be prone to leaking
- May be unable to hold pressure
A lot of you might be discouraged in choosing this product because it comes with an expensive price. Nonetheless, this can provide value for money considering the fact that it is a starter kit, providing you with almost everything that you will need. A package is inclusive of mini carbonator, one liter carbonating bottle, and a sparkling water maker.
It is also a good thing that you will have several choices when it comes to mix varieties. You can prepare different types of soda, including a diet variant.
Lastly, the manufacturer is offering two-year warranty. Within such period, if the product proves to be defective, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will provide free repair or replacement of the broken parts. This is as long as you abide with their terms and conditions.
- Exceptional build quality
- Easy to use
- Air-tight construction
- Can be costly
- Leaves an odd odor
As a starter kit, this product also comes with everything that you will need to get started, such as a carbonating bottle and a carbonator. To add, all users will be eligible for a free 60-liter carbonator, which makes the product provide value for money.
Another good thing about this product is the mechanism by which it works. There is no need for electricity or batteries. This also means that you can use it almost anywhere. Even out of home, you can easily make your own soda or sparkling water.
If you are thinking of going eco-friendly, you have another good reason to purchase this soda maker. Owning one unit can allow you to save as much as 550 bottles in a year. When you think of it in collective terms, owners of the machine will be doing a lot to minimize waste and save the environment.
Lastly, you will have lots of options when it comes to soda mixes, allowing you to make drinks with different flavors. Some of the mixes that are available include cola, diet lemon, root beer, and cream soda, among others.
- Has everything you need to get started
- Impressive carbonation capabilities
- Easy to use
- Flimsy plastic body
- Lacks durability
If you want a soda maker but you do not want to spend a lot, this is one product that should be on the top of your list. It has a reasonable price tag, which is why even beginners should not hesitate in choosing this. Given its price, however, you should expect that it can deliver only basic functions and outcomes may not be comparable to the higher end models.
Design-wise, this can also be an impressive product. Its elegant appeal is one of the first things that will capture your attention. The body is made from aluminum, which also makes it lightweight. To add, it has a secured and tight lid, which will minimize the possibility of leaking.
This is also user-friendly. The steps in using it are pretty much basic, easy to follow even for novices. To make it even better, cleaning and maintenance of the product does not need too much effort on your end.
Lastly, I personally like how it comes with a cocktail recipe book. The latter will provide you with comprehensive instructions on how to prepare craft cocktails. This will turn you into an expert mixologist!
- Affordable price
- Sturdy construction
- Compact size
- Takes quite a while to achieve carbonation
- Container is not transparent
One of the best things about this product is that it comes with a compact and portable design. This makes it easy to hold. Plus, it can easily fit in the fridge even if the space is minimal.
The stainless steel construction is also exceptional. It is a long-lasting material. However, this may not be free from rusting. With this, to prevent cosmetic damages brought by rusting, it is important to pay attention to proper care and maintenance of the product.
If you are still not compelled to choose this product, one thing that can change your mind is the fact that the manufacturer is offering two-year warranty. This should be enough to provide you with peace of mind on the quality of the product.
- Has an affordable price
- Easy to handle
- Produces fizzy water quickly
- Achieving the right outcomes can be tricky
- Container can be prone to rusting
In sum, the best soda maker will be a great addition for any household. You can make your own carbonated water and soda. It is easy to use, aside from the fact that it is also eco-friendly. You can save hundreds of bottles in a year. Nonetheless, producing great-tasting beverage is only possible if you pick the right product.
From the short reviews above, SodaStream Jet Sparkling Water Maker Starter Kit stands out from the rest. One thing that makes it great is its simplicity, which is why it is recommended even for beginners. With this handy tool, making soda is possible for everyone!