How To Use a Milk Frother and How to Choose the Best One
Wondering about how to use a milk frother? Keep on reading and we’ll provide you with valuable insights that will help you to instantly become a pro. By keeping in mind the things that will be mentioned below, you will be able to prepare handcrafted beverages at the comfort of your own home. There is no more need to spend too much for a cup of cappuccino or any other drink that you can prepare with a milk frother. As a bonus, we will also give you some tips on how you can find the best milk frother that is available in the market. Remember, not all of them are created the same, which makes it important to be cautious on which one to purchase.
Here’s How to Use a Milk Frother
The steps will vary depending on the specific type of milk frother that you have. With this, provided that you have a manual frother, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Heat milk and make sure that it reaches optimal temperature. It should be hot enough, but should not reach boiling point. If it is boiling, the foam will be ruined.
- Have the carafe filled up to 1/3 or 1/2.
- Now, work with the hand pump. This should be done as quickly as possible. Within 30 seconds to a minute, you should be done.
- Pour the frothed milk on the top of your drink.
On the other hand, if you are using a handheld electric milk frother, here is what you should do:
- Heat your milk. Like what has been earlier mentioned, it should be hot, but not boiling
- Have the pitcher or cup filled up to 1/3 or ½.
- Turn on the frother. Have the whisk dipped on the milk. Have it pumped up and down while being relaxed. Stir occasionally. Bringing it up is needed in order to let some air in.
- Within about 15 to 30 seconds, you will notice that a thick froth is already forming on the top of your drink.
- Enjoy your drink while it is still hot.
Lastly, if you have an automatic milk frother, which is the easiest to use from the three, this is what you should do:
- Fill the carafe with milk up to 1/3 to ½.
- Switch it on. Allow it to work for about 90 seconds. Just wait until frothing is finished.
- Enjoy your drink! It’s the most convenient way to froth milk!
Tips in Using Milk Frother
To achieve optimal results all the time, the following are some of the things that you should keep in mind:
- Reach optimal temperature. According to baristas, the ideal temperature is 135 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit. The composition of lactose, a naturally occurring sugar, can be altered if it is heated for too long, which can result into a bad taste.
- Know how long to foam. Timing is key. You need to be quick, especially for the milk to be not cooled down. You should keep on foaming until the volume of milk increases by as much as 50%.
- Fill the right capacity. More often than not, frothing pitchers will have a maximum and minimum line, making it easy for you to know until where you should fill.
- Have your frother well-maintained. This will make sure that the optimal functionality will be retained overtime.
Choosing the Right Frother
Aside from knowing how to use a milk frother, it is also essential for you to learn the fundamentals of choosing the best within the product category. In this case, the following are some of the factors that should be taken into consideration:
- Reviews: The first thing that you have to do is to seek for the opinions of other people. With the experiences that they are sharing, mostly in the form of online reviews, it will be easier for you to weigh the possibilities and to make the right choice.
- Settings: More often than not, the frothing machines available in the market will have three settings: hot froth, cold froth, and warm froth. Having three settings in one equipment can be a good thing when it comes to versatility.
- Clean-Up: Make sure that the unit will be easy to clean, which means that its maintenance will be a snap on your end.
- Durability: You also have to pay attention to the materials that are used in the equipment and see to it that it will be able to withstand long term use.
- Ease of Use: An automatic frother is an excellent choice because its use will be effortless. All that you have to do is to fill it with milk, turn it on, and wait until it is done.
- Warranty: This will provide you with peace of mind. An extensive warranty can be a good thing to be assured of long-term support from the manufacturer.