Best 4 Cup Coffee Maker / Best Small Coffee Maker Reviews
Are you searching for the best 4 cup coffee maker? You might find it hard to reach a decision because of the abundance of the options that are available. With this, we are here to extend a helping hand. In the rest of this post, we will provide you with insights on some things that you should know, such as the factors that should be taken into consideration, and most importantly, the best products that you can see in the market.
Your quest towards finding the best small coffee maker should be easy, provided that you read this guide. Our goal is to help you find which one is best suited for your needs and budget.
Reviews of the Top 5 Best Small Coffee Maker
Let us not make thing any difficult for you. Let us proceed straight to the discussion of some of the top options that are available, as well as what you can expect from each of these models.
Mr. Coffee TF5 4-cup Switch Coffee Maker
There are many features that make it one of the best within the product category, but one thing worth noting is Grab-A-Cup Auto Pause. Basically, the latter will allow you to halt the brewing at any time and enjoy a cup of coffee. This can be a true lifesaver when you cannot wait any longer before you are able to have your much-needed caffeine fix.
Another thing that is impressive from this model is the dual water window. With the latter, you will be able to see the exact level of the water as it is filled in the container. This will prevent the possibility of overflowing and creating a mess.
There is no automatic shutoff feature, which can be a disappointment for some. Given its price point, however, it is pretty much easy to understand why it lacks such luxury. The good thing, however, is that it comes with indicator lights. This will let you know when it is turned on, which also acts as a reminder to shut it down when it is not brewing.
It also comes with lift and clean design for its filter basket. As the name implies, all that you have to do is to have it lifted and have it cleaned. This will require minimal effort on your part, which is more than enough to believe that this can indeed prove to be a user-friendly product.
Lastly, it is also dishwasher-safe. This means that it will be easy for you to clean the unit. It will be effortless to retain the best quality of the coffee maker, even if it is used for an extended period of time.
- Affordable price
- Compact profile
- Simple to operate
- Coating can easily peel
- Opening is a bit small
Mr. Coffee DRX5 4 –Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
While there are many good reasons why this will make an excellent choice within the product category, one that you will definitely love would be the fact that it has 24-hour programmability. Before you sleep at night, you can already have it set to brew the next morning. This means that by the time that you wake up, you can instantly enjoy your caffeine fix.
It also features Grab A Cup Auto Pause, which will be useful for those who easily go impatient when waiting for the coffee maker to finish brewing. With a touch of a button, you can temporarily pause the brewing and you can already drink your coffee.
The coffee maker shuts off after one hour if it is not used. This is going to be beneficial when it comes to convenience. This can also be critical for your safety. Because it will turn off automatically, there is a lesser risk of overheating. This will also be vital in protecting the internal components of the coffee maker.
The glass carafe is also excellent. It looks stylish. However, it would have been better if the carafe is stainless steel, which can be better when it comes to heat retention. Given the price range of this product, you no longer have to complain about the quality of the carafe.
Lastly, it has lift and clean filter basket. When you are done brewing, all that you need to do is to pull out the basket, wash it, and you are done.
- Easy to clean
- Impressive when it comes to programmability
- Carafe has excellent quality
- Initial brewing can have a foul taste
- Top lid can be hard to open
Cuisinart DCC-450BK Coffeemaker with Stainless Steel Carafe
The mere fact that it is made by Cuisinart, one of the most trusted names in the market for kitchen appliances, is already a good reason to have it considered above other alternatives. This can provide you with peace of mind as the manufacturer is globally established.
When it comes to the features, meanwhile, one of the best is the stainless steel carafe. This is better compared to glass carafes. This is less prone to breakage, and hence, will be long-lasting. In addition, such material is also preferred because of its ability to retain heat. You can be sure that your coffee remains hot.
It also has Brew Pause Function. This means that while at the middle of brewing, it can automatically stop and you can pour coffee on your cup. This is excellent for people who can no longer wait for brewing to be finished before they can finally have a sip of their coffee.
There are plastic parts that are used in this coffee maker, which is understandable since it comes with an economical price. The good news, however is the fact that the plastic parts are BPA-free. This means that there are no toxic compounds that can possibly be harmful for your health.
It is also worth noting that it is designed with the North American Electrical Standards in mind. It has been rigorously-tested before being released in the market, providing you with the confidence that it is not only safe, but that it will also be able to deliver performance that will be hard to match.
- Made by a trusted brand
- Compact design
- High quality construction
- Sprout design could have been improved
- Lid is difficult to open
Mr. Coffee TF5GTF 4-cup Switch Coffee Maker
This coffee maker features an on and off indication light. This means that you will be able to easily know if it is powered on. If it is, turn it off as soon as possible so as not to waste energy and to also prevent the possibility that its components will overheat.
It also has gold tone filter. With the latter, it will be instrumental towards getting rid of the impurities that can be possibly present in water. Chlorine and other contaminants can affect the taste of your coffee, which makes it important to have a filter that can deliver effective outcomes.
For your convenience, it will be good if there is an option to stop the coffee maker while it brews. This is one thing that you can expect from the Brew ‘n Stop feature of this product. This will allow you to pour coffee in your cup anytime, even if the brewing cycle is not yet finished.
The dual water window is also a good thing. This will make it easy for you to monitor how much water has been filled. This will prevent overflowing, and more importantly, there are indicator marks that will let you easily know how much water is needed depending on the number of cups that you intend to brew.
Lastly, Mr. Coffee has been in the market since 1970. For several decades, it was able to sustain its business and has built a reputation as one of the best in the world, especially considering the prices of their product. Because of this reputation, you can be confident that choosing this coffee maker will indeed be a good idea.
- Takes minimal counter space
- Innovative designs
- Some parts look flimsy
- Can be easily spilled
Mr. Coffee DR5 4-cup Coffee Maker
Is your coffee maker still not done brewing? Are you turning impatient and already craving for your caffeine fix? There is no need to worry. It has Brew Pause ‘n Serve feature, which will allow you to stop brewing for a while and have a sip of your coffee.
There are also design elements that should be highlighted about this product. For instance, one of the most noticeable is its sleek profile, which also makes it space-efficient. We also loved the way the handle is designed. It has a large opening and it has curves, making it fit in your hand naturally. Even if you have a large hand, you will not have any difficulty in gripping the handle.
When it comes to being user-friendly, there are also several features that will provide you with the assurance of its hassle-free operations. For instance, the filter basket has lift and clean functionality. Meaning, simply have it pulled away from the unit and clean it. There is no fuss, unlike in the other models. The dual water window is also a good thing, making it easy for you to ensure that you fill water only at the right level, depending on the amount of coffee that you intend to brew.
Another thing that you will notice about this 4-cup coffee maker would be the hidden cord storage. This means that the cord can be conveniently wrapped and hidden. This will never be an eye sore, especially if you just leave your coffeemaker on your countertop.
- Space-saving design
- Affordable price
- Well-designed handle
- No automatic shutoff
- Some parts look flimsy
Things to Consider in Choosing the Best Small Coffee Maker
To be able to easily differentiate the options for the best small coffee maker, the following are some of the important factors that should be taken into account:
- Price: Indeed, it is tempting to choose one coffee maker if it comes with a cheap price. But, you have to proceed with caution as this can also be tantamount into having inferior quality. The best machines are those with top-of-the-line features and premium construction, which is why they can prove to be more expensive. Nonetheless, you should not hesitate in spending more for a coffee maker if this would mean being able to enjoy better quality.
- Ease of Use: It is also important to make sure that the coffee maker is going to be user-friendly. In this case, it should have controls that are laid out properly and should lack complications. If it is too complicated, you will have a hard time using the machine and you might end up just buying overpriced coffee from Starbucks!
- Ease of Cleaning: Why is it that there are some coffee makers that can last many years while others easily wear down? The difference could be because of maintenance. With this, choose a product that will be effortless for you to use and maintain. This will make it a snap for you to ensure that the best quality and functionality will be apparent even after a long time.
- Size: Basically speaking, this will depend on the number of cups that it can brew. There are single-serve machines, which will be the perfect choice for personal use. This means that you will be making coffee that is only enough for you. If you live in a large household or if you are looking for one that can be used in the office, on the other hand, larger models are recommended. In this case, choose those that can make up to 12 cups in single brewing.
- Programmability: It is also essential to consider the programmable settings that you can expect from a coffee maker, which will have an impact on its functionality. For instance, it will be good to choose one that comes with a timer and the ability to set it to brew in the morning, making sure that when you wake up, your coffee is ready. It will also be good if there are different brew settings, allowing you to pick the one that is suited for your preferences.
- Design: A small coffee maker is not only a functional appliance in the kitchen, but also a decorative piece. If it is stylish and appealing, you can just keep it on your countertop, instead of having it kept in the cabinet when it is not being used.
- Filtration: This is one feature that can make the coffee maker more expensive, but it will surely be worth your money. This will allow the machine to get rid of the contaminants and impurities that are present in water, such as chlorine. This will greatly improve the taste of your coffee.
Hand-cranking your coffee will require time and effort on your end. Some might instantly ditch the idea, thinking that it can be a tiring process. Yes, it may not be the most convenient way of preparing your caffeine fix, but the good thing is that it can be a personally-fulfilling experience. It will provide you with the assurance that you will be grinding beans only enough for your consumption. There are also fewer moving parts, which will make them long-lasting. Many are also simple and straightforward to use.
While they can offer a number of advantages, keep in mind that they are not all the same. It is important to exert conscious effort when searching for the best manual coffee grinder. Your decision should be based on a combination of important factors, and not solely on price. Sometimes, the better ones are those with a higher price tag. We highly-recommend that you go through reviews from different users and learn from the experiences and insights that they are sharing. If you are struggling to make the decision, go back to the models that we have suggested above. For sure, choosing these products will make you highly-satisfied.