Whether it is a can of soda or a bottle of your go-to beer, among others, you will enjoy it more if it is cold. With this, you will greatly benefit from investing in the best beverage cooler. The latter is a compact fridge that will keep the ideal temperature of your favorite drinks, making them more refreshing.
With too many options that are available in the market, you might end up with confusion. This guide will make things a lot easier for you. We’ll let you know how to find the right product and review five of the best options that can provide the best bang for the buck.
Types of Beverage Coolers
One of the best ways to categorize beverage refrigerators is depending on where they will be used. In this case, the following are two of the options that are available:
- Outdoor Beverage Cooler: Because it is meant to be used outdoors, you have to make sure that it will withstand extreme weather. This means that it should have rugged construction to withstand external elements, including the possibility of getting wet when it rains.
- Indoor Beverage Cooler: This is the more common type of beverage cooler. It is more forgiving since it is not exposed to external elements. Many of them can be space-efficient, which will fit even below the counter.
It is also possible to categorize the options on the basis of their overall construction. In this case, these are the options that you will have:
- Free-standing Beverage Cooler: As the name implies, this is meant to be fitted in a fixed space, often under an existing counter. This is a good choice if you want the cooler to be in a permanent position.
- Built-in Beverage Cooler: With this type, on the other hand, you can install the beverage cooler anywhere you want. It offers more flexibility. You can keep it in the game room, bar, at the top of the counter, or in your bedroom, among other places.
Choosing the Best Beverage Cooler
As you try to weigh the pros and cons of the different models that are available in the market, below are some of the most important factors that you should take into consideration.
- Size: How much space is available in the place where you want to install the beverage cooler? How many drinks do you plan to keep inside? If you often host parties at home or if it is to be used for a small business, choose one that can accommodate at least 100 cans.
- Durability: It is also important to consider how long lasting is the beverage cooler. For sure, you would not want to invest in a product that will be easily prone to wear and tear. If you want the best value for money, choose one that is durable enough to withstand the test of time.
- Door: A better choice is one that comes with a reversible door. This is excellent in terms of versatility as you can setup the door to open on the right or left depending on your personal preferences.
- Temperature Control: There are some beverage coolers that will allow you to set the temperature through a manual knob. In the case of others, there is a push button. It will also be good if there is a digital temperature readout for ease of monitoring.
- Cooling Zone: If you store different drinks in the beverage cooler, it will be good if it comes with dual cooling zone. This simply means that there are two temperature zones in one cooler. You can keep wines and sodas in the same place. The temperature will vary in the different portions of the cooler.
- Lighting: There are some people who would prefer a unit that comes with LED lighting. This does not only make it easy for you to see the contents of the cooler, but it also makes it better in terms of aesthetics.
- Design: You should also consider the style of the beverage cooler. This is especially true if the unit will be exposed, such as in the kitchen or in the bar. Some units have metal accents to make it look more appealing.
- Lock: This is a good feature if you want to keep your beverages secured. This is especially true for a restaurant or for a large house. With the lock, no one will access the contents of the cooler without your permission. This especially works best if the cooler is used for storing expensive wines.
- Energy-efficiency: In today’s time, many manufacturers were able to take advantage of the latest technologies to improve cooling without consuming too much energy. This means that the cooler won’t be a reason for your utility bills to shoot up.
- Racks: The material used and the configuration of the racks is also an important consideration. Most would have chrome racks. It will be good if they can be removed and customized depending on the size of the drinks that you plan to keep.
If you want to be more creative, here is a short video that shows how you can make a DIY beverage cooler, which will surely impress your guests the next time you host a party at home:
Top Picks for the Best Beverage Cooler
If you are still finding it hard to decide which one to purchase, in this section, we will list down five brands and models, as well as their most notable features.
Among others, one thing that we loved the most about this beverage cooler is the fact that it can keep up to 120 cans of your favorite drinks. This is good not only for the house, but even for business uses.
The thermostat is also impressive in this model, allowing you to make manual adjustments depending on the cooling temperature that is desired. To add, there is a Set and Forget feature. This makes it more convenient as you can be sure that the temperature remains the way you set it.
In terms of aesthetics, this can also prove to be an excellent choice. It has stainless steel lining that makes it look appealing. The interior light is also a nice addition to make it more beautiful.
Another thing that you might love about this product is the presence of a lock at the bottom of the cooler. This will allow you to keep your beverages secured from unauthorized access.
Lastly, although it might be a small thing for some people, we also loved the reversible design of its door. You can choose to open it to the left or right, depending on what you find to be most convenient.
- Solid construction
- Generous cooling capacity
- Elegant style
- Can produce a noticeable noise
- Wires inside can interfere with the cans
This beverage cooler is 3.4 cubic feet, which allows it to hold up to 126 cans. This is perfect even for a small business.
Aside from its size, another thing that is notable about this product is that it comes with five chrome racks, which will make it easy to organize your beverages. Also, it offers versatility because you can adjust the racks depending on the size of the beverages that you plan to keep.
Another reason why you might want to consider choosing this product is the presence of seven thermostat settings, which will allow you to choose the cooling temperature that is desired.
The interior LED lighting is also a good feature. It is excellent not only in terms of aesthetics, but it will also allow you to easily see the contents of the beverage cooler.
There are a lot of beverage coolers that have been complained by some people because it operates with a loud noise. In the case of this model, it produces only 35 dB of sound, which means that it will be able to deliver whisper-quiet operation.
- Operates quietly
- Elegant LED interior backlight
- Holds a lot of cans
- Does not come with a lock
- No display of accurate temperature
If you are looking for a beverage cooler that fits perfectly even in small spaces, this should be on the top of your list. Despite the space-efficient design of the product, you might love the fact that it can keep up to 62 cans, which is good enough for its size.
The versatility of this product is also a good thing. Whether you are left or right-handed, you might find this product to be exceptional. This is because it comes with a reversible door.
Another excellent feature of this product is the compressor-based cooling mechanism. With the latter, you can expect quick cooling, which also makes it energy-efficient. Aside from quick cooling, it maintains the right temperature to keep your drinks cold as desired.
The Tall-Boy beverage design is also a plus. This is good for keeping not only regular canned beverages, but even those in PET bottles. You can configure the shelf to make it fit even taller 20-ounce bottles. It has a chrome shelf that you can adjust depending on the size of your beverages.
- Operates quietly
- Has a stylish finish
- Does not come with an interior light
- Poor customer support
One thing that makes this beverage cooler unique compared to the two products mentioned above is the fact that it is designed specifically for wines. If you love wines, this is an excellent investment as it can keep your drinks chilled at the right temperature.
The design of the cooling system is also excellent. It is compressor-free, which means that it will deliver superior cooling efficiency sans the loud noise.
The blue LED illumination in the interior is also a plus. This makes it easy to see the contents of the cooler while giving it an elegant appeal as well.
While the glass door is not reversible, we loved how it comes with double panes. This provides insulation to retain the right temperature to keep the wines in their peak condition.
In terms of controlling the temperature, it has push buttons that will make it easy to set the temperature that is desired. There is also a digital display to let you easily monitor how cool the interior is.
- Comes with a digital temperature readout
- Can fit 18 bottles of wine
- Blue LED lighting
- Door is not reversible
- Only has a single cooling zone
This is one of the most affordable options you might want to consider. Price, however, is just the tip of the iceberg. There are plenty of features that will ensure its efficient cooling. The design is also a plus, making it look similar to the more expensive products.
It is also worth noting that it comes with an internal air cooling system, which allows it to maintain the right temperature. Speaking of the temperature, you might also love that it comes with a mechanical control. With this, you can manually set the temperature as desired.
It comes with five wire shelves that you can slide out of the cooler and configure depending on the size and number of the beverages that you will keep. At its maximum, it can keep up to 120 cans with the standard size.
Lastly, the beverage cooler comes with an internal LED lighting. This does not only add a hint of elegance, but also makes it easy to see your drinks even at night.
- Cools your drinks quickly
- Racks can be configured
- Quiet operation
- Does not come with a lock
- May lack durability
The best beverage cooler is a must-have for every home. If you have a restaurant, hotel, or any other business that requires the need to have easy access to cold drinks, it is also an excellent investment. From size to style, price to functionality, there are several factors that should be taken into account to increase the likelihood of making the right choice.
If there is one product that will be worth your money, it is Danby DBC120BLS 120-can Beverage Center. It can fit up to 120 cans, has a reversible door, comes with a security lock, and has interior light to make it look more stylish.