A convection oven can offer the best of both worlds. It can function as an oven and as a microwave, making it the perfect choice for those who are looking for space-efficiency. Also called combination oven, it is a multitasking kitchen appliance (thiết bị nhà bếp) that can do more while maintaining a compact profile.
If you are on the lookout for the best convection microwave that is currently available in the market, keep on reading the rest of this guide and we’ll let you know some of the best options that are available in the market, including their notable features.
Benefits of Convection Microwave
The following are some of the good things about using a convection microwave (những việc có thể làm với lò vi sóng), which can also provide you with compelling reasons to invest in one:
- Energy-Efficiency: One of its biggest benefits is that it is not as large as conventional ovens. It delivers sufficient power without consuming too much electricity.
- Time-Saving: A convection microwave does not only save energy, but it also saves times. There are fans that improve the circulation of air. This means that the heat can be produced and circulated quickly. You do not need to wait for a long time before your food is ready.
- Compact Size: The space-efficiency of convection microwave is also a plus. It functions as a microwave and an oven in one appliance. They also have different preset functions, which will allow you to do more with a compact kitchen appliance.
- Versatile: As it has been mentioned, you will also love convection oven because of its ability to deliver a variety of functions. It can roast, broil, bake, and reheat foods, among other things.
Below is a short video that shows more about the benefits that have been mentioned above:
Choosing the Best Convection Microwave
If you are finding it hard to decide which one to choose, below are some of the most important factors you need to consider:
- Ease of Use: One of the first things you have to make sure is that it should have user-friendly controls and comprehensive instructions. Even if you are a beginner, the oven must be pretty much straightforward to use.
- Size: This is a matter of personal preference. You have to consider the amount of space that is available in the kitchen. In the same way, you also need to consider how much you plan to cook, broil, heat, or bake in the microwave.
- Versatility: A good option for a convection oven is one that can offer multiple functionalities in one product. With this, make sure that there are preset functions, which will allow you to do more in a single appliance.
- Wattage: This is important because it will determine the power and performance of the convention microwave. A high wattage would mean that it is more powerful, and hence, cooking will also be quicker. Make sure that the wattage is more than 700 watts.
- Safety: If you have kids at home, it will be good if it comes with a child lock, which will prevent unauthorized use. It will also be good if there is automatic shutoff, which will prevent overheating and will also prolong the functional life of the internal components.
- Control Panel: This is one thing that is directly related to ease of use. The control panel should not be confusing. It will also be good if there is a touchpad. Plus, you will benefit if there is an LCD screen that will allow you to monitor progress.
- Style: A convection microwave will most likely be left on the countertop. This means that it will be exposed in the kitchen. Hence, it will be good to choose one that is stylish and will complement the design of the kitchen.
- Reviews: You should also consult with the opinions of other people. Their experiences will be a good starting point to narrow down the possibilities. It will be easier to decide if you consider what they have to say.
- Warranty: Many will have a warranty that lasts from one to five years. This is going to provide you with peace of mind. Within the warranty period, if the product is defective, you can return it to the manufacturer and they can offer free repair or replacement of parts.
Cleaning and Maintaining your Convection Microwave
Even if you have an expensive and high-quality convection microwave, it will not deliver superior functionality if it is not well-maintained. With this, below are some tips on how you can clean it properly:
- One of the best ways to clean your microwave oven is to use water and baking soda. Mix the two to form a paste. Dab on a cloth and use it to wipe the interior of the oven. Let it sit for a few hours and finish by brushing it off.
- There are some ovens with a self-cleaning feature. This is a convenient way to clean the unit. Just make sure to follow the instructions from the manufacturer.
- Do not forget the racks. Some might be focused in cleaning the interior, and hence, ignoring the racks. Water, soap, and sponge will be more than enough for cleaning the racks.
- Always inspect the seal of the door. See to it that there are no cracks or any problem. Otherwise, this will have a negative impact on the heating efficiency of the microwave.
Top Picks for the Best Convection Microwave
In this section, we will have a quick rundown of five of the best models that are available in the market. We’ll also tackle their features, as well as pros and cons, which will make it easier for you to narrow down the possibilities.
The large interior of this oven is one thing that you might love. It can easily fit a pan with dimensions of 13 x 9 inches. It also offers versatility as you can place two racks. This will allow you to cook more within a short span of time. It can fit even a whole chicken.
Another thing that we love about it is how it is a multifunctional appliance to have in the kitchen. You might love how it comes with an adjustable broil feature, allowing you to cook at a maximum temperature of 500 degrees.
You will also like the fact that this is a user-friendly oven. Even if you are a beginner, there is no need to worry as using the oven will surely be a piece of cake. It has a digital control panel that displays all of its functions, such as Defrost, Broil, and Bake, among others.
Lastly, it is also a good thing that it comes with an interior light and a clear door. With this, it will be easy for you to monitor the progress.
- Produces accurate temperature
- Pre-heats quickly
- Generous capacity
- No audible alert
- Exterior can easily get hot
LG LCRT2010ST Microwave Oven
While there are many things that you will find to be impressive in this product, one that is worth noting is True Cook Plus, which has been exclusively developed by the manufacturer. The latter is an intelligent feature that allows the unit to perform all the necessary calculations, eliminating the need for guesswork and ensuring the perfect outcome all the time.
To add, it also comes with sensor cooking technology. The latter allows it to determine the level of humidity that is present in the oven. This optimizes the performance of the oven as adjustments will be made automatically without the need to do it manually.
It also has EasyClean interior. This means that cleaning the unit will not require too much effort on your end. There is no need to use toxic chemicals or waste a lot of time to maintain the unit in its peak condition.
For safety, it also features a child lockout. This allows the control panel to be locked so that it won’t be operated by children by accident.
- Generous capacity
- Easy to clean
- Delivers powerful performance
- Door is prone to getting stuck
- Turntable can be problematic
One of the most noteworthy feature that you can find in this oven is the Element IQ technology. The latter produces the right power at the right time. It is convenient for many users because this means that the heat settings will adjust automatically.
There are also nine preset functions. The latter makes it excellent when it comes to versatility since the oven can be used in more ways than one. Some of the functions include Reheat, Broil, Roast, and Bake. It is an excellent appliance to have as it can offer multiple functions.
The backlit LCD is also a plus. Day or night, it is easy to read. This makes it easy to monitor the progress of a preset function, such as how much time is left or to see the temperature.
Lastly, it has 5 quarts heating elements and it also delivers 1,800 watts. This can provide you with the assurance that it will heat quickly and it will deliver superior performance.
- Maintains consistent temperature
- Made by a trusted brand
- Operates quietly
- Expensive price
- Not durable
Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven with Grill
Made by one of the most trusted brands within the product category, this is another product that should be included in your list. Among other things, one thing that we loved is its 1.2 cubic foot capacity, which will allow it to accommodate more.
This model comes with a touchpad control. However, one problem is that it might take quite some time before you will get used to it as it can be confusing at times. Since it is touchpad, using it will be easy. There is also a small screen that will allow you to easily monitor the progress.
Another good thing about this product is that it comes with an interior that is made from stainless steel. The choice of material is excellent because it does not absorb odor. Sanitizing it will also be easy.
Lastly, to provide you with peace of mind, the manufacturer is also offering three-year limited warranty.
- Easy to use
- Heats evenly
- Easy to clean
- Controls can be confusing
- Can be quite noisy
Versatility – this is one of the best things that you can expect from this product. With a single appliance, you can expect multiple functionalities, and hence, eliminating the need for several appliances in the kitchen.
Among others, you can also use it as a rotisserie. One thing that we loved the most is its large size, which will make it possible to fit a five-pound chicken. Also, talking about its size, you can bake up to two pizzas at a time since there are double racks.
Another good feature of this convection microwave oven is the timer. This will allow you to set the time that you want the oven to bake, broil, toast, or roast, among other functions. With the set and forget functionality, you can do other things without worrying that the oven will end up overheating.
Lastly, it offers great value for money as it is bundled with the accessories that you will need. It comes with two cooking racks, two baking pans, one broiler rack, and rotisserie accessories.
- User-friendly controls
- Door is easy to open
- Excellent visibility
- No LCD display
- Exterior can easily get hot
In sum, choosing the best convection oven is not an easy task. A lot of you may decide on the basis of price, but such may not exactly be a wise thing to do. It is important that you take time to consider the features of the product, the results of its use, and the feedbacks from other users, among other things.
If there is one product that I can personally recommend, it would be Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven. Made by a trusted brand, it delivers nine preset functions, making it a multipurpose appliance in the kitchen. Plus, it offers intelligent functionality, making it possible for heat to adjust automatically depending on what is needed.