There is nothing that a good cup of coffee cannot fix – this is one thing that most of you would surely agree with. Whether you are feeling lazy when you wake up in the morning or you need a jolt of energy to be more productive in your work, a good cup of high-quality coffee can offer the perfect solution.
Sadly, not all ground coffees are created the same. If you want the best cup all the time, you need to exert effort in searching for the best ground coffee. Finding it hard to make the right decision? Overwhelmed with too many options that are available in the market? We hope that reading this article will provide you with the enlightenment that you need to make the right decision.
Benefits of Coffee
Before anything else, let us first have a quick look at some of the good things that are brought by drinking coffee. These things will provide you with good reasons to purchase one of the options that we will mention below for the best ground coffee.
- Improves Personal Performance: This is perhaps one thing that most of us already know. Drinking coffee is good in terms of making you alert and productive. It fights sleepiness and provides the energy that you need to get things done.
- Aids in Weight Loss: A lot of people may be surprised that coffee is instrumental in losing weight. It has magnesium and potassium that regulates sugar levels. It can also speed up the ability of the body to burn fats.
- Prevents Cancer: Several studies in the past have also proven that coffee will be effective in the prevention of prostate and endometrial cancer. Also, it is said that it will lower risk of liver cancer by as much as 40%.
- Prevents Parkinson’s Disease: If you are afraid of having this neurodegenerative disease when you grow old, you should start drinking more coffee today. Caffeine will help in improving the activity of the neurons, which will also boost mental health.
- Fights Depression: It is also said that coffee will help in the reduction of depression risks by as much as 20%. This is specifically true for the respondents in one study who drank four cups of coffee in a day.
Why Ground Coffee?
When purchasing coffee, you will have several options when it comes to their form. A contemporary option would be those that are available in capsules. For versatility, on the other hand, opt for whole beans, which you can grind as desired. Lastly, you might also want to settle with ground coffee. Below are some of its benefits:
- Enjoy Coffee in an Instant: Immediacy is one of the best things about ground coffee. You can just add it in hot water and your caffeine fix is ready. This is unlike in the case of whole beans wherein you still need to spend time grinding.
- Consistent Size: Another good thing about ground coffee is that there will be uniform grind size. This is one of the key ingredients in making the perfect cup of coffee that tastes great consistently.
- No Special Equipment Required: Money-wise, you will also be able to enjoy huge savings with ground coffee basically because lesser tools that will be necessary. The most obvious is that there is no more need to purchase a grinder.
Choosing a Ground Coffee
To be sure that your money will not be put into waste, before are some of the most important factors that will help you to come up with the right decision:
- Packaging: As much as possible, pick one that comes packaged in a hard-shell canister or jar. This will provide the protection that the coffee needs from external elements, making sure that it will remain in its tip-top condition.
- Reputation of the Manufacturer: If you want to be sure about the quality of the product that you are buying, it is best to purchase only from a reputable manufacturer. You should also take time to read reviews from other people and learn from the experiences that they are sharing.
- Roast Date: When it comes to coffee, fresh is best. Make sure that the packaging comes with a label of the roast date. If it has been roasted for too long, stay away from it as this could be a reason for the quality to turn inferior.
- Flavor: More often than not, the manufacturer will state in their packaging the obvious flavor that you can expect from their coffee. It is all a matter of personal preference. No single flavor will work best for everyone.
- Aroma: A good coffee should not only taste good, but should also smell good. With this, pick one with a robust aroma, which will provide the immediate effects of caffeine before you can even sip it. Nothing beats the joy of drinking coffee with a smell that wakes up the senses.
- Sustainability: For the ground coffee to be sustainable, it must be manufactured using beans from local farmers or businesses that boost local economy. It must be manufactured while minimizing negative impacts to the environment. Even the packaging must demonstrate being eco-friendly.
- Satisfaction Guarantee: This is one thing that is important because it will provide you with peace of mind. This means that if you are dissatisfied with the product, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will provide you with a refund.
Top Picks for the Best Ground Coffee
Below are five of the products that I can highly-recommend. Even if you look at the opinions of other people, you will realize that these are indeed some of the best that you can find in the market today.
Being made by Folgers, one of the most trusted coffee brands, you will already have a good reason to choose this above all others. The best thing is despite the brand name, it comes with a reasonable price, allowing it to offer excellent price to value ratio.
It is also worth noting that it is made using mountain-grown beans. The latter is an assurance of freshness. They are at an altitude that encourages optimal flavor and aroma, which will be apparent in every cup that you will make with the use of this ground coffee.
The coffee is packaged in a canister, which is one thing that I personally loved. This means that there is no need to transfer it in a separate container. This makes it easier to ensure protection from external elements that could possibly damage its quality.
Lastly, another thing that can convince you to choose this product is the emphasis of the manufacturer in sustainability. They make sure that their coffee is produced while working with local suppliers and highlighting actions that have minimal impacts to the environment.
- Made by a trusted coffee brand
- Flavor tends to be a bit weak
- Poor quality sealing
The name itself will already catch your attention and will make you curious as to what coffee it is. Based on the marketing from the company, it is the strongest coffee in the world. If you like your coffee strong, this is one that you should try and it will provide the kick that you are looking for.
One thing that the manufacturer did to ensure the quality of their products is to work with the right suppliers, which include the farmers. It is from farms that are USDA Organic and Fair Trade Certified, which means that they have passed stringent quality control.
To add, it should also be noted that it has undergone small batch roasting. This allows them to pay attention even to the smallest detail of the production. This also ensures the freshness of the coffee that you can enjoy anywhere and anytime.
If you have hesitations about this coffee, you can now have peace of mind. It is good to know that the manufacturer is offering a risk-free guarantee. Buy it now and if you are unhappy in any way, you can return it to the manufacturer and they will provide an unconditional refund.
- Lots of positive feedbacks
- Provides you with more energy
- Strong kick
- Weak flavor
- Lacks complexity and sweetness
A premier coffee blend, this is one of the perennial favorites even amongst people with discerning preferences, which can already provide you with an idea of how good it is. However, be warned! This has a strong flavor, and hence, some people will find the bitterness to be a bit off.
One of the best things about this is that it is a combination of some of the highest-rated origin coffees in the world, resulting to maximum flavor and aroma. There is plenty of personality in each cup as the beans are from different regions, yet they perfectly blend with one another.
The reputation of the manufacturer is another reason why this is a choice favored by many. For more than 50 decades, the company is known as a craft coffee that pays attention to the highest standards.
Lastly, it is also worth noting that the company has nine artisan roasters, making sure that each batch is given the attention that it requires. Rather than using complex machine, roasting is done manually.
- Dark and rich flavor
- Smooth and well-balanced
- Perfect for those who like strong coffee
- Can be stale
- Too bitter for some coffee drinkers
Flavor-wise, this may not suit everyone’s preference. However, if you are the type of person who loves strong coffee, this is a great choice. It has an overpowering bitterness that will be appreciated by true coffee drinkers.
How is the company able to produce a coffee with such a strong flavor? It all starts with the right selection of beans. They are hand-picked and carefully evaluated, making sure that each bean will contribute to making high-quality coffee.
Nectar of the Gods – this is the nickname of this coffee. This is something that is apt for a high-octane coffee that is hard to match by any other option within the competitive landscape.
Lastly, you will have no qualms in purchasing this product. Your satisfaction is guaranteed! If you think that the coffee did not pass your standards, all that you have to do is to give the manufacturer a call and they will provide you with a refund without asking any question.
- Lots of positive reviews
- Clean and smooth
- Reasonable price
- Some might find the taste too strong
- Not much aroma
While this is a dark roast coffee, do not expect that the flavor will be overpowering. In fact, even for those who prefer their caffeine to be light, this can prove to be an excellent choice as well.
Personally, I loved ground coffee with a packaging as this one. This is because you do not need to transfer it in a jar. There is a tight lid, which means that the flavor and aroma will not be able to escape. Also, because it is covered, it will not be penetrated by insects.
The mere fact that it is made from Colombian beans is another thing that is worth highlighting. Coffees from Colombia are amongst the best that you can find in the world, especially because of their strict standards.
- Good packaging
- Ideal for light coffee drinkers
- Consistent grind quality
- May not be as flavorful as others
- Leaning towards being too acidic
From the short reviews above, we hope that it is now easier for you to decide which one is indeed the best ground coffee. If you will ask for my personal opinion, I would say that it is Death Wish Ground Coffee. Drinking this coffee will surely perk you up! It is made using high-quality beans, which are the ones responsible for its rich flavor.