We are living in a fast-paced world and we seldom find the time to prepare delicious and nutritious meals at home. Fortunately, through the concept of meal preparation, it is possible for us to prepare food in advance. It also provides you with the opportunity to control portions of every meal and makes sure that it has the nutrients that your body needs.
If you are on the lookout for the best meal prep bags, there is no need to search far. In the rest of this post, we will be sharing valuable insights that will make it easier for you to reach the right decision. We will have a quick look at five of the best options that you will surely love.
Why Meal Prep?
What makes meal prep great in the first place? If you still have doubts that preparing your own meals in advance is a good thing, below are some of the reasons that can convince you:
- It Saves a Lot of Time: This is perhaps the best reason to try meal prep. If you have a busy week ahead, you can set aside a day of your weekend to cook meals for the week. This is better rather than cooking your meal every day.
- It Saves Money: If you are looking for budget-friendly food, meal prep will also be excellent. You do not need to buy food every time you have to eat. Say goodbye to expensive lunches in fancy restaurants!
- It is Good for the Health: Regardless if you would like to lose weight or build muscles, meal prep will be a big help. It will provide you with the assurance that each meal has the nutrients that you will need to achieve your fitness goal.
What To Look For In Meal Prep Bag
As you try to differentiate the possibilities in the market, below are some of the most important things that you need to consider:
- Design: There are different types of meal prep bags that are available, but the following are some of the most common designs that you will find:
- Backpack: As the way it is named, it comes with two straps and it is meant to be carried on the back. This is usually the largest. It can also be capable of holding more, even a laptop.
- Single Strap: This works pretty much like a duffel bag and is perhaps the most common. There is a strap that you wear on your shoulder to carry this bag. It is often more comfortable.
- Comfort: It is important to choose a meal prep bag that you will feel comfortable with. The straps should be padded so that carrying the bag will be comfortable.
- Size: Consider how big is your appetite or how often you should eat to determine the right size of the meal prep bag that will be perfect for your needs.
- Insulation: This is a good way to make sure that your food will retain its ideal temperature, even after hours of being stored in the bag.
- Inclusions: What are included in the set of the meal prep bag that you will purchase? Aside from the actual bag, consider how many containers are included. In some cases, a protein shaker is also provided.
- Design: You will be bringing your meal prep bag like a normal bag. With this, it is also important to consider the way it looks. A good option will also have several exterior pockets, providing ample amount of space for other things you have to bring.
Best Meal Prep Ideas to Consider
Especially for beginners, meal prep can be overwhelming. With this, to make things easier, below are some of the best ideas that you might want to consider:
- Chicken Fajita Bowl: If you are a chicken lover, this is one of the best meals that you can prepare. It is a combination of chicken, bell peppers, and rice. Add herbs and spices as desired, depending on the taste that you prefer.
- Mason Jar Salad: A mason jar is not only a fancy way to serve drinks, but can also be used for meal prep. Fill it with any salad that you like. Fill it with greens, fruits, and dressing of your choice to enjoy salad on-the-go.
- Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowl: Anyone who is on a diet would surely know that chicken breast is a good option for a filling meal. Grill the chicken and mix it with steamed vegetables. You can also add quinoa as a substitute for white rice.
- Vegetable Fried Rice: Rice can be healthy, depending on the way you prepare it. If you want an Asian meal, forget your favorite fast food chain. Sauté garlic, onion, broccoli, and bell peppers. Add rice and egg.
- Spinach Salad: This is another healthy recipe that will allow you to increase your consumption of greens. Combine spinach with quinoa, chickpeas, and paprika dressing. Even after a while, this salad will not turn soggy.
If you are looking for healthy meals, on the other hand, here is a short video that will show some of the best recipes to try:
Top Choices for the Best Meal Prep Bags
Which meal prep bag is the best? If you are wondering, below are some products that are worth considering. We will also list down some of their features to help you narrow down the possibilities.
If you are looking for lunch boxes that will be perfect for portion control, this is one option that should be on the top of the list. The affordable price is just one of the many reasons why it is well-loved by many.
While it comes with an affordable price, it is also worth noting that it is already inclusive of everything that you will need to get started in meal prep. Aside from the six lunch boxes, there is also a reusable ice pack, pill box, and shaker cup. The bag, meanwhile, comes with several exterior pockets, providing you with more space for your stuff.
The heavy-duty material used in the construction of the containers is another thing that deserves to be highlighted. They are made for daily use, providing you with the assurance that they will remain in their tip-top shape even after some time.
Lastly, by buying this meal prep bag, you are not only doing yourself a favor, but you are also helping the less fortunate. For every item sold, a dollar is donated to impoverished communities, which can be your simple way of giving back to those who are in need.
- Affordable price
- Complete with everything you will need
- Bag is easy to carry
- Shoulder strap is short for some people
- Insulation can be better
Enjoying fresh meals on the go will surely be easier with this meal prep bag. It has everything that you will need, including six portion control containers. Two of these containers have one-cup capacity while four have two-cup capacity.
Aside from food, you will also be able to easily carry your vitamins and supplements, providing you with easy access to them. The set is inclusive of a vitamin pocket pack that is divided into five compartments. All in all, it can keep up to 60 supplements.
The Jaxx shaker cup is another notable feature of this set. It has a patented design, which gives it an edge above many others. With a capacity of 28 ounces, this will make it a lot easier for you to prepare your protein shake.
Lastly, all of the inclusions will fit inside the included bag. The bag is also made from an insulated material, making it possible to retain the optimal temperature for your bag. It has an adjustable and comfortable strap as well for ease of carrying.
- Bag has high-quality insulation
- Durable containers
- Patented design of protein shaker
- Can be too small for some
- Zippers are easily prone to breakage
This full-sized meal prep bag is the perfect product for anyone who is serious about transitioning into healthy eating habits. Aside from the main bag, it is also inclusive of three containers that are made with the use of nontoxic materials.
From the bag to the containers, the manufacturer makes sure that they are using only the best materials that are available. They used PEVA inner lining and EVA foam, which are all top materials. The bag is also wrapped in thick polyester, which is essential in maintaining the right temperature.
It is also a good thing that the bag comes with compartments that you can independently access. This means that you do not have to open the entire bag if you just need to get one container. There is an opening on the side for the three containers and an opening on the top as well. There are also side pockets.
The manufacturer also guarantees 100% satisfaction with every purchase of their meal prep bag. If you are unhappy in any way, just get in touch with them and they will do what it takes to extend a helping hand.
- Comes with an extra strap
- Appealing design
- Durable exterior
- Small main compartment
- Too bulky
Although it is more expensive compared to the other options that we have identified above, this is a great product in terms of overall quality. It can provide excellent value for money, which is why you should look beyond its price.
Among others, the modular shelving system, a patented technology, is one of the best things about this product. With this feature, you will be able to easily access an individual container without the need to remove all others.
This set is inclusive of three containers, all of which are made from the best materials that are available. They are free from PVC and BPA, providing you with the assurance that they will not be toxic in any way. Best of all, they are also guaranteed to not leak.
Lastly, the bag also comes with exterior pockets, which will provide you with ample amount of space for other things, such as shaker or water bottles.
- High-quality, leak-free containers
- Ergonomic straps
- Excellent shelving system
- Insulation can be better
This is another option that is great for budget-conscious buyers. More than its price, one more thing that you will love is its large size, which will allow you to prepare and bring more meals. It comes with six trays for portion control.
The trays are great because they are made from sturdy and thick materials, making it offer good insulation, so as the bag. To add, they are also made using BPA-free materials. You can have peace of mind knowing that it won’t be toxic.
If you want to have a risk-free purchase, you have another good reason to pick this product. You can have peace of mind knowing that the manufacturer is offering a satisfaction guarantee for 30 days. Within a month, if you are unhappy in any way with your purchase, the manufacturer will issue an unconditional refund.
- Budget-friendly option
- Good insulation
- Easy to carry
- Bag can easily crumble
- Does not come with dividers
The best meal prep bags will be your companion to a healthier and fitter lifestyle. For people who work in the office, this makes it easier to prepare your food and make sure that your body gets the nutrition that it needs. It should be pointed out, however, that not all products are the same. You need to be responsible to differentiate one from the other.
If there is only one that I can personally recommend from the five, it would be ThinkFit Insulated Lunch Boxes. More than its affordable price, it comes with high-quality containers and bags that are sure to be appreciated even by the most discerning users.