Best Water Cooler: Your Guide in Making the Right Choice
A water cooler, as the name implies, will provide cold water on demand. You do not need to cool the pitcher in the fridge or use ice. They have a water tank or container and a faucet that dispenses water at a cold temperature. It may seem like all of them are the same, but with a close inspection of each product, you will easily realize that they are different in many ways.
Are you looking for the best water cooler? Let me warn you! Making the right decision is not an easy task. At all times, do not rely on price alone. You have to look at their features and evaluate their pros and cons. With this, keep on reading the rest of this guide and we’ll help you come up with the right decision.
Types of Water Coolers
The following are the three types that you will be confronted with:
- Top-Loading Water Cooler
- Bottom-Loading Water Cooler
- Point-of-Use Water Cooler
With this type, a water jug will be placed on the top of the water cooler. Depending on the specific product that will be chosen, they offer various filtration system, such as carbon treatment, allowing water to be filtered before its consumption.
With this design, on the other hand, you no longer need to lift and flip the water jug as they are stored in the bottom. Also, it is a good thing that they are designed with a door, which hides the container from sight.
This is a less popular type of water cooler, but the good thing about this type is that there is no need for refilling. It is connected directly to a water line for continuous supply.
Benefits of Water Cooler
Still thinking if you should purchase a water cooler? Below are some of the things that can compel you to invest in one:
- Reduced Cost: Some people might be drinking bottled water all the time. This can be expensive in the long run. You will be able to save a lot by having a water cooler instead.
- High-quality Drinking Water: As long as you choose the right product, you can be assured of safe and clean drinking water all the time. Many have built-in purification and sanitation systems to prevent the possibility of contamination.
- Produces Cold Water Quickly: Another good reason to invest in a water cooler is the fact that you will have ice-cold water in an instant. There is no need to go to the fridge and retrieve ice cubes.
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking eight glasses of water in a day may seem to be a hard task for many people. If you have a water cooler, this will be easier since cold water is easily accessible at home.
Essential Factors to Consider when Buying
Below are some of the things that should be given careful thought as you try to narrow down the possibilities:
- Reviews: Before anything else, a good starting point would be the feedbacks of other people, most of which can be found online. With their experiences and insights, it will be easier for you to weigh the pros and cons of the possibilities.
- Filtration System: One of the most important things that you should look for is the ability of the cooler to filter water as it is dispensed. Through a variety of filtration systems, water comes out not only cold, but also clean and safe.
- Energy-Efficiency: Water coolers will most likely be plugged all day and night. With this, choose one that consumes minimal energy so that it won’t be a cause for your electricity bill to shoot up.
- Size: You also need to consider how much space is available in the kitchen, office, or anywhere the cooler will be placed. Also, think about how many gallons of water will be used to determine the right size of the cooler.
- Noise: The compression system of the unit is the one that is responsible for making noise. Pick a product that comes with a whisper-quiet motor, which means that it will never be a distraction in any way.
- LED Lights: It will also be good if the water cooler comes with lights, making it easy to refill water even in low-light conditions. Also, there needs to be light to determine which one is cold or hot. There are some models as well with light that will provide immediate notification when there is a need to replace the bottle.
- Warranty: It is good to pick a product that comes with an extensive warranty coverage. In this way, if there are defects that are experienced within the duration of the warranty, the manufacturer will offer free repair or replacement of the damaged parts.
- Cleaning and Maintenance: See to it that the unit is designed in such a way that having it cleaned will be an effortless task. It will be good if it comes with a self-cleaning feature.
Below is a short video that will provide you with quick insights on how to properly clean a water cooler:
Top Picks for the Best Water Cooler
If you have no idea on which one will make the best choice, below are five of the best products that you might want to consider.
Among others, one of the best features of this water cooler is that it comes with a bottom-loading design. The latter makes it user-friendly since there is no need for you to lift the water jug. To add, it also hides the container from sight as it comes with a sleek door at the bottom.
The harmless ozone technology is one innovation that gives it an edge above many others within the competition. The latter allows automatic sanitation of the water dispenser. It gets rid of bacteria, and hence, there is no need to fear about contamination. It provides you with safe drinking water all the time.
It is also a good thing that it comes with a 2.0 compression system, which is better than the older models. The latter improves the cooling capability of the unit while making sure that it will consume minimal energy. To add, it also allows the water cooler to operate without making a loud noise.
Lastly, it comes with a tank that can provide you with hot and cold water, depending on which one you want. The tank is made from premium stainless steel, which will give you water without a disgusting aftertaste.
- Sleek and compact design
- Looks elegant and stylish
- Water jug is hidden from sight
- Only available in a single color
- Some might find it to be too tall
If you are looking for a high-quality product that comes with a competitive price, this should be on the top of your list. It is made by one of the most trusted brands in the market and has been well-received by many of its users.
When it comes to its features, one of the most commendable is the stainless steel construction, which makes it excellent when it comes to durability and aesthetics. It will add a hint of character in the kitchen or in any other place where it is used. To add, it will also last long because of the choice of material for its body.
Another thing that is noteworthy about this water cooler and dispenser is the 6th Sense Self-Cleaning technology, which makes it a snap to maintain. With the use of unstable oxygen, it allows it to break down bacteria and the outcome is that it prevents contamination.
Aside from providing you with cold water, it can also make hot water. The good thing is that there is a child safety lock. This will provide you with the assurance that children will not be able to dispense piping-hot water without your permission.
- Aesthetically-pleasing design
- Comes with a self-cleaning feature
- Durable construction
- Can be quite noisy
- LED light flashes continuously
A lot of you may have hesitations in buying a water dispenser because of the assertion that they are expensive. Yes, they can be costly, but only if you settle with the wrong product. With this one, budget-conscious buyers will surely be happy because of its reasonable price tag. This is actually one of the cheapest products that we are mentioning in this post.
If space is an issue, this is a good choice for you. It has a countertop design, which makes it space-efficient. Despite being compact, you will love how versatile it is since it can accommodate both three and five gallon containers.
Also, this product comes with automatic plug-in water system. With the latter, you can be sure that it makes water cool in no time. The best thing is perhaps the fact that it is able to do so without making a loud noise.
Lastly, the sprout for the hot water has a child safety lock. Even if you are not always looking at your child, you can confident that he or she will not end up being hurt with hot water.
- Affordable price
- Excellent cooling and heating efficiency
- Countertop design
- Water can have unpleasant aftertaste
- Seems a bit flimsy
On the top of the reasons to have it considered above others is the fact that it comes with bottom loading design. This spares you from the need to lift and flip the water container. Also, there is a door at the bottom of the unit, which will hide the water jug.
The versatility of this model is one thing that should be emphasized. Aside from being able to provide you with hot and cold water, it can also give you water at room temperature. Also, you will be able to use both three or five-gallon bottles.
The LED lights that are incorporated in this unit are also exceptional. There is a light that will provide you with an instant alert when there is a need to replace the bottle. Also, the light will show which one is hot or cold, allowing you to dispense water easily even in a low-light environment.
- User-friendly design
- Conceals the water container
- Whisper-quiet motor
- Not as durable as other high-end models
- Hot water may not be hot enough
Right after seeing the price tag of this product, you may instantly have hesitations. Yes, it is expensive. However, if you take a look at the features of the product, you will find it easy to be convinced that it will be worth your money.
This water cooler comes with a self-cleaning feature. It utilizes the ozone technology for the purification and sanitation of the dispenser. This does not only prolong the functional life of the product, but can also provide you with the guarantee that you are drinking clean and safe water.
The built-in nightlight can also be considered as a plus for this product. There is no need to open the light in the kitchen if you need to drink water at the middle of the night. The water sprouts have lights, making it easy to fill your glass. To add, there is also a warning light when the bottle inside needs to be replaced.
- Has a self-cleaning feature
- Durable construction
- Has three temperatures
- Expensive price
- Room temperature water is cold
Now that you are done reading the rest of this post, I hope that choosing the best water cooler is an easier task. Do not decide solely on the basis of price. At the end of the day, it should be seen as an investment, and hence, it does not matter even if it is costly, as long as quality reigns supreme.
If there is only one product that I can personally recommend, it would be Whirlpool 8LIECH-SC-SSF-P5W Self-cleaning Water Cooler. The latter has a durable construction and stylish design. It cools water efficiently. Plus, the self-cleaning feature provides it with the ability to sanitize the unit to get rid of contaminants in the water.