Having hot and cold water is one thing that is essential in today’s fast-paced lifestyle. With this, investing in the best water dispenser is more of a necessity than a luxury. It will provide you with the water that you need for a hot tea or a cold juice, depending on what you prefer. Sadly, not all of the products are the same, making it important to be a critical buyer.
If you have no idea on what water dispenser will make the best choice, keep on reading the rest of this post and we will help you out. You will learn from the insights we will be sharing, such as the most important considerations and the top picks that are available in the market.
Types of Water Dispenser
Before anything else, you need to be familiar about the different types of water dispenser that are available in the market, including those that we will briefly tackle below:
Top-Loading Water Dispenser
This is one of the most popular. It contains the water inside, which makes it less prone to contamination. The problem is that you have to lift the container, which makes it require quite an effort on your end.
Bottom-Loading Water Dispenser
This is the user-friendly counterpart of the top-loading dispenser. The bottle will be at the bottom. Also, most models are incorporated with a door, which will hide the container.
CounterTop Water Dispenser
If you are looking for space-efficiency and if you have a large counter, this can be a good choice. However, this is not good for a large household as the capacity will most probably be minimal.
Wall-Mounted Water Dispenser
With this type of dispenser, you can have it hooked directly on the plumbing system. It is also efficient as it won’t take up floor space.
This is the simplest from the three, It is just a jug that comes with a spigot, which will require manual effort to dispense water. It also does not cool or heat the water.
If you are looking for simplicity, this should be on the top of the list. You just have to connect it on the top of the container and pump it to release water from the sprout.
Choosing the Best Water Dispenser
As you try to think of which one can provide the best bang for the buck, the following are some of the most important factors you need to consider:
- Size: Your space requirements will determine the right size. If you have a small space, a countertop option is perhaps the best option as it can deliver space-efficiency.
- Style: This is another thing that should not be ignored. The water dispenser will be exposed and can be easily seen by your guests. With this, it will be good to choose a product that is stylish and will complement the décor of the entire space.
- Energy-Efficiency: Choose a water dispenser that consumes minimal energy. They are always left turned on, which is why it is important that they won’t be too much of a burden for your electricity bills.
- Temperature Stability: Be sure that the dispenser will be able to produce water that is hot or cold enough for your needs. It is frustrating if the water turns out to be barely even warm when you need to make your coffee.
- Water Quality: It will be a good idea to read feedbacks of other people and learn from what they are sharing. For instance, there are some products that tend to produce water that smells like plastic or chemicals. Be sure to avoid these products.
- Versatility: There are different things that will make the water dispenser versatile. For instance, it must be able to produce both cold and hot water. Some are even capable of dispensing water at room temperature. It will also be good if it can accommodate different container sizes.
- Ease of Use: You also need to look for user-friendly features. For instance, it will be good to have well-designed spigot and controls must be strategically positioned. Refilling water must also be effortless.
- Ease of Cleaning: To keep the water dispenser in its best condition, it should be regularly cleaned. Look for a product that can be maintained without the need to exert too much of an effort on our end.
- Safety: As much as possible, look for a water dispenser that comes with a child safety lock. This will prevent accidentally dispensing water, especially if it is hot. There should also be a feature to prevent spilling to eradicate electrical risks.
- Warranty: If the manufacturer is confident about the long-term quality and functionality of their product, they will not shy away from offering an extensive warranty coverage. Within the duration of the warranty, they can repair the dispenser or replace the parts.
Tips in Cleaning your Water Dispenser
The following are some of the best things that you can do to clean and maintain your water dispenser, making sure that they will perform at their best even through the years:
- To prepare a cleaning solution, you can use a combination of bleach and water. Alternatively, you can also use vinegar. Whatever you choose, make sure to rinse it properly so that it won’t affect the taste of the water that comes out of the dispenser.
- Although it may seem common sense, a lot of people forget to unplug the water dispenser before it is cleaned. Make sure to pull out the plug to prevent electrical hazards.
- Be sure to regularly inspect the dispenser. Molds, for instance, may be hazardous but they are not easily visible.
- For the best outcomes, perform deep cleaning of the water dispenser once every six weeks. This can provide you with an assurance that your drinking water is safe.
In the short video below, you will see some of the simple tricks to clean your water dispenser:
Top Picks for the Best Water Dispenser
In this section, we will have a quick look at some of the best brands and models of water dispenser that you might want to take into consideration.
With the use of this dispenser, you will have hot or cold water in demand. There are two water sprouts, which will provide the water that you need in an instant. There is no need to wait for it to heat or cool.
When it comes to safety, this can prove to be an impressive choice as well. The sprout that dispenses hot water comes with a safety lock, which will prevent the little ones from accidentally hurting themselves.
This is also a good choice if you are looking for versatility. This is basically because it can be used for both three and five-gallon plastic containers.
One of the problems with top loading water dispensers is that they often require a lot of space. With this, one thing that you might like about this model is its slim appearance, which makes it consume minimal space.
Lastly, it is also worth noting that it comes with premium components, such as large tanks that are made from long-lasting stainless steel.
- Comes with a child-safety lock
- Affordable price
- User-friendly design
- No self-cleaning function
- You need to lift the gallon on the top
This is made by Hamilton Beach, one of the most trusted names in the market for kitchen appliances, which can already provide you with the assurance that it will be hard to match. If offers versatility as you can use water bottles with capacity of three or five gallons.
You will also find this to be an exceptional pick when it comes to ease of use. For instance, since it is bottom loading, there is no need to lift the water container. Also, with push button controls, it is easy to dispense hot or cold water when needed.
While most water dispensers can provide you only with hot and cold water, the good thing about this product is that it also dispenses water at room temperature. Plus, there is no problem even when there is poor lighting as there are LED lights on the control panel.
Lastly, we also loved how it has a door that hides the water bottle from sight. This makes the kitchen or any other space look better.
- Does not require filters
- Easy to load gallon of water
- Can be prone to leaks
- No self-cleaning function
Compared to the models that have been mentioned above, this works in a different manner as you have to operate it manually. All that you have to do is to place it on the top of the water bottle. Pump it from the top and it will vacuum water from the container straight into your glass.
Among others, it is great that it has Adjustable ‘n Bendable tubes, which have been exclusively developed by the manufacturer. The latter makes it offer versatility as you can use it in containers of different sizes. The hose also has an adjustable depth.
It comes with a sanitary cap at the end of the sprout, which is a good way to make sure that contaminants will not be attracted. Also, there is a cleaning brush that is included, which will make it easy to maintain the pump in its peak condition.
However, it is important to note that it is useful only to retrieve water from the container. There is no option to choose from hot or cold water.
- Space-efficient design
- Affordable price
- Durable construction
- Needs to be operated manually
- Water can have a plastic smell
Among others, the cooling system technology is one thing that makes this an impressive choice. The latter is an exclusive technology that improves the energy efficiency of the water dispenser. This is because the compressor does not turn on often, yet you can be sure that water is cold as it is dispensed.
The durable construction of its body is also a plus. In fact, the manufacturer states that it can support up to 300 pounds of weight on the top. This will provide you with the assurance that it is indeed built to withstand the test of time.
You will love the cooling capability of this dispenser, which also gives it an edge over its competitors. It creates an ice inside the tank, which makes it offer better cooling efficiency. You can be sure that water is ice-cold all the time.
Lastly, it also has well-engineered faucets that will not be easily prone to wear and tear.
- Operates quietly
- Slim design
- Can be prone to leaking
- Filling water bottles can be tricky
The premium quality of the porcelain that is used in this dispenser is perhaps one of its best features. To add, you will also be happy to know that the material is free from lead, which means that it will never be toxic for your health.
This is another type of dispenser that works manually, unlike many of the options above that can provide you with hot and cold water.
It comes with a plastic protector ring, which you can find on the opening of the container. The latter is one good way to prevent the possibility of contamination from external elements. Just make sure that it is covered all the time.
- Simple and easy to use
- Affordable price
- High capacity tank
- Leaking can be an issue
- Lacks durability
Indeed, choosing the best water dispenser is never an easy task. Given the plethora of the options that are available, arriving at a decision will be challenging. We hope that this guide was able to provide you with an enlightenment on how to pick the right product.
If there is only one that I can recommend, it would be Avalon Top Loading Water Cooler Dispenser. This is perfect for those who are looking for an economical and user-friendly product. With this dispenser, you will have cold and hot water in an instant.