The Ninja Coffee Bar is a high-quality and reliable coffee machine that will deliver you a great cup of coffee. Knowing how to clean Ninja Coffee Bar is not rocket science. There are a lot of reasons to clean your coffee machine regularly. For one, you may not have an idea on how gross the insides of your coffee machine is.
If you haven’t cleaned it in a while, chances are it’s already kind of nasty; and the worst part is you’re drinking out of it. Learning this very simple and easy task is vital as you are also ensuring that you don’t consume dirty coffee. Regular maintenance is required and I am going to provide you step-by-step instructions, as well as some tips and suggestions.
- Ninja Coffee Bar
- White Vinegar
- Paper Filter
- A cup for the water and vinegar mixture
- Lemon juice
- Paper filter
- Dry piece of cloth
- Damp piece of cloth
- Soft foam brush
Instructions On How To Clean Ninja Coffee Bar
There are a lot of options in terms of the materials that are suitable for use in cleaning your Ninja Coffee Bar. The first one is white vinegar. Here’s what you should follow:
- Get a big bottle of white vinegar, as you will be using it again for cleaning your coffee machine in the future.
- Prepare a mixture of the white vinegar and water. It is highly recommended that you use 1:1 ratio.
- Run clean water through the Ninja Coffee Bar to flush out unnecessary residue and debris that might be lingering from the last time you used it to brew coffee.
- Dilute the white vinegar and mix it well with water.
- Plug your Ninja Coffee Bar to a power outlet and turn it on.
- Put a paper filter in the basket.
- Pour the vinegar and water mixture into the water reservoir.
- Run the coffee machine and press the Brew button.
- Once it has brewed the vinegar solution, turn the machine off to stop the brew cycle.
- Let the vinegar and water mixture sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Turn the coffee machine back on to complete the brewing process.
- Throw the mixture away to the sink.
- Discard the used paper filter and replace it with a new one.
- Rinse the coffee maker using running clean water.
- Repeat the above process at least 3 times until the vinegar smell is gone.
It is also interesting to know that you can clean your Ninja Coffee Bar using lemon juice. Here’s how to do it:
- Buy a big bottle of concentrated lemon juice. This is recommended but if you want to do the hard way, which is squeezing at least a dozen of real lemons, you may do so.
- Prepare a 1:1 mixture of lemon juice and water.
- Run clean water through your Ninja Coffee Bar to get rid of debris and residue that might have stayed from your last brew.
- Turn the coffee machine off.
- Dilute the water and lemon juice mixture into the carafe and pour it in the water reservoir.
- Let the lemon juice solution sit there for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn the coffee machine back on.
- Place a paper filter in the basket.
- Press the Brew button.
- After the brewing process is done, let the lemon juice and water solution cool to at least room temperature.
- You may repeat this process if you think your Ninja Coffee Bar is a lot dirtier than expected.
- Remember not to use the hot lemon juice at it can cause damage to your coffee machine.
- Throw away the used paper filter and replace it with a new one.
- Run clean water through the Ninja Coffee Bar until the lemon odor is gone.
If you are using the Ninja Coffee Bar for the first time, here’s what you should follow to clean it:
- Remove the packaging, labels, and stickers from the coffee brewer.
- It should be noted that the carafe made of glass is dishwasher safe but you should only place it on the top rack.
- Using warm and soapy water, wash the water reservoir, brew basket, and the glass carafe. You may also use a soft cloth to do this step.
- Rinse them all using clean water and make sure there is no soap residue left.
- Dry these components thoroughly using a clean and dry piece of cloth.
- You can wipe the intelligent warning plate with a slightly wet piece of cloth.
- Before you use it for the first time, run at least two full brew cycles with water.
- Discard the water after and you may now use your Ninja Coffee Bar.
If you have the time, you may also perform cleaning after every brew. This method is highly recommended as it can prevent coffee ground buildup on the insides of your coffee maker. Here’s how to do it:
- Unplug the Ninja Coffee Bar from the power outlet.
- Make sure the brewer has cooled down before you clean it.
- Before you clean the coffee machine, close the Drip Stop.
- Carefully remove the paper filter after each complete brew. You also have to make sure that the coffee grounds have cooled.
- Throw the paper filter away.
- Remove the brew basket from the coffee brewer.
- Wash it with soapy water.
- Rinse it off with clean water.
- It should be noted that the brewer is not dishwasher safe.
- If coffee grounds have spilled over the overflow channels and the brew basket, remove them and rinse with clean water until all the residues are removed.
- Wash the carafe and the lid using warm and soapy water. You may also use a bottlebrush to thoroughly clean the insides of the carafe.
- Wipe the machine using a warm cloth with water and soap.
- Let the warming plate cool down before cleaning it with a wet cloth.
- It should be noted that you should not immerse the base in the water.
If you wish to see a video tutorial on how to clean Ninja Coffee Bar, click the video link below:
The Ninja Coffee Maker is ideal especially for coffee lovers with a very busy schedule. If you are always in a hurry in the morning, the one thing you can rely on is the instant and fresh coffee it can provide. With this, here are some tips and suggestions on how to clean Ninja Coffee Bar effectively.
- The best thing about the Ninja Coffee Bar is that it has a self-cleaning feature that prevents clogging up of coffee grounds. It also comes apart for thorough cleaning and maintenance. This feature is beneficial for those of you who cannot find the time to perform regular maintenance on your coffee machine.
- Only white vinegar is acceptable in cleaning your Ninja Coffee Bar. All other types of vinegar may harm your coffee machine.
- Using a soft foam brush is recommended if you want to clean your thermal carafe thoroughly.
- In order to keep your coffee machine brewing smooth and hot coffee, regular cleaning is suggested before or as soon as the Clean signal illuminates.
- It is also recommended that you use a descaling solution that is formulated specifically for coffee machine cleaning.
- The following components are dishwasher safe: filter, water reservoir, flip-top lid, glass carafe and brew-through lid. It should be kept in mind that the brew basket is the only one that is not dishwasher safe.
- The ideal time to clean the coffee machine is when the Clean button illuminates.
Cleaning your coffee machine regularly will ensure that you are always drinking hot and smooth coffee. Knowing how to clean Ninja Coffee Bar is mandatory to ensure the health of those who drink from it. Mastering the skill of cleaning your coffee machine is very easy and will only require a few and easy-to-get materials.