Freshly prepared hamburger patties as sometimes always better than frozen ones. The reason why some people prefer frozen ones is that it decreases the need for frequent trips to the supermarket or grocery stores. Whenever you are craving for a juicy hamburger, the frozen burger patties are almost the same as fresh ground beef (thịt bò bắp xay).
Read more Ultimate Guides:
If you have a box of frozen hamburger patties in your freezer, you might have asked this very question: how to cook frozen hamburger patties? In this post, we are going to talk about the materials you need, the step-by-step instructions, and some pro tips on how to cook the perfect hamburger for you and your family’s enjoyment.
What You Will Need To Cook Frozen Hamburger Patties
- Hamburger patties
- Frying pan
- Meat thermometer
- Paper towels
- Butter knife
- Metal flipper
Step-by-step Instructions On How To Cook Hamburger Patties
If you are a very busy person, cooking can be a time consuming task. Below you find some options on how to quickly prepare a meal for yourself or your family, which can help make cooking frozen hamburger patties a lot easier. Follow these steps to quickly cook frozen hamburger patties without using an outdoor grill:
- Prepare the materials included in the list above.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as you are now handling food items. Proper food handling and hygiene is mandatory to prevent foodborne illnesses.
- Take the frozen hamburger patties out of your freezer.
- You do not have to worry about taking time to defrost the frozen hamburger patties a couple of hours before cooking them. You also do not need to microwave them prior to cooking. These frozen hamburger patties will cook as normal without having to do these unnecessary preparations.
- Heat up a frying pan to a medium or medium-low temperature.
- Place the frozen hamburger patties on the now heated frying pan.
- After a few minutes, flip them over and season them with spices of your choice.
- Remove the hamburger patties away from the heat source when they are cooked to your preference. You may also do this step if you notice that the juice runs clear.
- Serve them on hamburger rolls or buns of your choice. You may also choose to have sides such as green salad, potato salad or wedges.
- Wash all your equipment after using them for easy preparation the next time you find yourself craving for fresh hamburger patties.
Using a nonstick frying pan to cook the frozen hamburger patties would mean that no unhealthy fats are present to keep the burgers from sticking into the frying pan. If you have a skillet, you may follow the steps below:
- Prepare the materials included the list above.
- Wash your hands thoroughly as you are about to handle food items.
- Take the frozen hamburger patties out of your freezer.
- You do not need to defrost the frozen hamburger patties prior to cooking. You also do not need to microwave them before placing it on the heated skillet.
- Preheat the skillet to medium temperature on a stovetop burner for at least 5 minutes.
- Place the frozen hamburger patties in an even layer on the now heated skillet.
- Let the patties sit for at least 6 minutes or until they are cooked according to your preferences.
- Flip the hamburger patties over using a spatula.
- Remember not to use a fork in doing the step above. Doing so will pierce the meat and the patties will likely release the juice that keep them fresh.
- Insert a meat thermometer in the middle section of one of the burger patties.
- Check if the meat thermometer reads about 160F. If it does, cook the patties on the opposite side for another 6 minutes.
- Remove the patties from the heat source using a spatula.
- Place the now cooked hamburger patties on a plate with a lined up paper towel. Doing so will drain unnecessary and excess fat from the patties.
- Blot the paper towels on the top part of the hamburger patties to remove the fat on both sides.
- You may now serve the hamburger patties. You have the option of serving it with a bun or sides.
- Wash all the kitchenware (dụng cụ nhà bếp) you used while preparing the hamburger patties.
If you do not have the time to thaw or defrost the frozen hamburger patties prior to cooking, another option is to grill them. It is also interesting to know that you can grill the patties directly from the freezer. It should be noted, however, that you should check the manufacturer’s cooking instructions prior to cooking.
- Prepare your frozen hamburger patties, as well as the materials required for grilling.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-low temperature. If you have a thermometer, that’s about 325F. You may also check by placing your hands at least 3 inches above the grill for about 6 to 7 seconds.
- Using a butter knife, separate the frozen hamburger patties carefully. The number should be according to your needs.
- Rewrap the unused frozen hamburger patties and return them to the freezer for later consumption.
- Once the grill has heated, place the frozen hamburger patties on it.
- Let the hamburger patties cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Using a metal flipper, turn the patties over once one side has cooked thoroughly.
- Once both sides are cooked, remove them from the grill.
- Place the now cooked hamburger patties on a clean plate.
- Using a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of the hamburger patties and make sure it has reached at least 160F.
- If it does, you may now serve the patties. You can choose consuming it in a bun or with sides such as salad or potato wedges.
If you wish to see a video on how to cook frozen hamburger patties, click the video link below:
Here are some pro tips that will be of great help if you find yourself craving for hamburgers:
- Wash your hands after handling frozen hamburger patties to avoid contamination.
- It also is not recommended to place the cooked hamburger patties on the plate where you carried the frozen hamburger patties.
- If you need to check the internal temperature of the patties, remove them from the heat source first.
- If your grill does not distribute heat equally, make sure to move the hamburger patties around.
- You may choose to flip over the cooked hamburger patties once it has become brownish. You may also use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the patties. You may want to insert the thermometer on the sides instead of the center portion of the hamburger patties.
- Refrain from using high heat if you are cooking frozen hamburger patties. Doing so will surely burn your patties quickly.
- The seasonings of the burger depend on the manufacturer. Be sure to check the label before cooking it, as it may need to be flavored first before placing it on a frying pan, skillet or grill.
- You may also choose to add flavorings or seasonings prior to freezing your hamburger patties. This will save you a lot of time especially if you are in a hurry.
Cooking frozen hamburger patties is a very easy task if you would take some time to notice how simple the materials presented above are. Knowing how to cook frozen hamburger patties does not require a lot of effort and you may do this on your own. You just have to follow the step-by-step instructions, as discussed above.