In today’s busy time, it cannot be denied that we are all living a stressful life. Work, business, family, and relationships, among others, can lead into worrying. In this case, such stress can lead into negative impacts in our health. The good thing is that we can turn into natural remedies that can be beneficial in maintaining our health, such as in the case of ginseng tea.
With such, in the rest of this post, we will discuss how to make ginseng tea. It is actually easy and won’t require you to spend a lot. The best thing is that you will end up with a natural drink that is free from toxic chemicals. With more than 5,000 years of history in the field of alternative medicine, ginseng can indeed do wonders in more ways than one.
Benefits of Ginseng Tea
Before we proceed with the specifics on how to make ginseng tea, let us first have a quick look at the many benefits that it can deliver. When you are familiar with these things, it will be easier for you to be convinced to make it a part of your daily routine. This will make you replace unhealthy drinks.
- Boost in Energy: Since the ancient times, ginseng is believed to be an excellent alternative for having better vitality and energy. This has been used as well for the treatment of chronic fatigue in ancient China.
- Improves Sex Drive: One of the well-known benefits of ginseng is how it increases the libido of men. It has also been asserted to be excellent when it comes to treating erectile dysfunction. One study from the Southern Illinois University has proven its positive impact on libido.
- Strengthening Immune System: Ginseng has also achieved reputation as being excellent when it comes to increasing the defense of the immune system, and hence, preventing the possibility of suffering from a number of health issues.
- Prevents Visible Signs of Aging: Ginseng is known to be an adaptogen. For this reason, it is also believed to be an excellent alternative for anti-aging. It is believed to be effective in the restoration of health and youthfulness of your skin.
- Prevents Cancer: Several studies in the past have also highlighted how it can be an excellent choice when it comes to fighting cancer. Indeed, it is believed to be effective in the suppression of the growth of tumor.
- Improvement of Memory: Having a hard time studying? In this case, ginseng can also be a big help. The memory boosting potential of ginseng is attributed to improving the activity of the brain chemicals. It is also believed to be excellent in terms of fighting dementia.
- Treatment of Diabetes: It is also asserted that ginseng can be highly-effective in the regulation of sugar, making it excellent for diabetics. This has been proven in several studies in the past, including one from University of Surrey.
How to Make Ginseng Tea
Now that you know the many ways by which it can be beneficial, you are most probably wondering how to make this tea at the comfort of your own home. Here’ show you can do it:
- Using a knife or a potato peeler, shave the ginseng root. Make sure that it is as thin as possible. Have it chopped. For one cup of tea, add 2 to 3 grams of the ginseng root that you have earlier chopped.
- In a kettle, boil water. Once it is hot enough, in some cases, you will hear a hissing sound from the kettle, turn of the source of heat. Allow it to first cool down for a minute or two. Make sure that the water is hot, but it should not be boiling.
- Put the ginseng inside your cup. You can add any other herbs, spices, or flavoring, depending on how you want the outcome to taste like. Add the hot water. Leave it for about five minutes, which should be more than enough for steeping. You can also add sweeteners if you wish.
- Enjoy your ginseng tea while it is hot.
Some Things To Keep in Mind
- True Korean ginseng is an expensive product and hard to find. Therefore, be careful about any manufacturer claiming that they are offering a genuine ginseng. Do your research about the seller.
- There are ginseng teas available commercially. They are already prepared and available in powder form. Be sure to check the ingredients used and the concentration of pure ginseng, as always, buy only from a trusted brand.
- There is a possibility that it can interfere with other medications. There are also side effects that can be apparent, with some of the most common being elevation of blood pressure, shifts in mood, and alteration of hormone levels. To be safe, it would be best to consult with your doctor first.