How To Make A Pot Of Coffee: It’s Easier Than What You’ve Thought
Are you wondering how to make a pot of coffee? Some might think that the question is stupid. Well, in reality, there is nothing wrong if you go online and search for this. As you can see, you will find tons of articles providing step-by-step guide on how this can be done.
This is basically because a lot are interested. Some might think that preparing coffee is as easy as mixing coffee with hot water. It can be more complicated, especially if you want nothing but the best. Technique is important. Keep on reading and we’ll let you know how it can be done.
Simple Steps on How to Make a Pot of Coffee
Before we proceed with the steps, it is important to note that the pot that we are referring to in this guide is a coffee pot. The method of preparation can be different, which will vary on the type of pot that you will be using.
- Know the different parts of your moka pot. Before you even get started in making your own coffee, it is important to first understand how this thing works by being familiar with its parts. It is composed of three chambers. The bottom chamber is usually equipped with a pressure valve and it is meant to keep the water. The middle chamber, on the other hand, is for the coffee ground. Lastly, the top chamber is the collection point for your brewed coffee.
- Fill the bottom chamber with water. The right amount will depend on the size of the moka pot that you are using. Make sure that it is not filled over the valve.
- Add coffee grounds. Do this as carefully as possible. See to it that no coffee will fall on the water and that the edges will also be free from any residue.
- Screw the top nicely. Make sure that it is tightly closed.
- Place the moka pot on the top of the heat source. The most common is a gas range. Make sure that it is as hot as possible but see to it as well that the flame will not go beyond the edge of your moka pot. Make sure that the steam valve is not pointing towards you
- Turn off the heat. Avoid burning the coffee as this will negatively affect it taste and aroma.
- Transfer your coffee in your preferred mug. Now is the time to enjoy your drink, Consume it while it is hot. The longer it is kept stale, the more flavor and aroma will be lost.
Tips in Making Coffee
Aside from knowing how to make a pot of coffee, make sure to also pay attention to the tips that will be mentioned below:
- Keep your pot as clean as possible: If it is dirty, the quality of your drink will be affected. If it has been in the cabinet for a long time, clean it before using. When it is washed, make sure to use mild soap only. If the soap is too overpowering, there can be a chemical-like smell and taste in your coffee as well.
- Use the right water: The quality of water will also have an impact on how your coffee will taste like. Water from tap should be avoided, especially if you know that it is not fit for consumption.
- Use fresh beans: Avoid buying in bulk, especially if you just make coffee for your own. Exposure to oxygen and bright light, among others, can possibly damage its quality. Grind the beans only when they are ready to be consumed. Keep in mind as well that they can last longer if they are frozen. Proper storage is necessary.
- Watch out for the temperature: If the water is too hot, it can alter the components of your coffee. It can result into a kind of bitterness that will be unpleasant. It will be good if you can invest in a handy thermometer, which will make it easy for you to monitor how hot the water is.
- Consume your Coffee Immediately: This is one thing that I have already mentioned earlier and I would like to reiterate now. Coffee is all about freshness. From the water to the beans that will be used, it must be fresh. Therefore, it should also be consumed while it is fresh. Do not let it sit for hours.
By now, I hope that you already know how to make a pot of coffee. From the steps and tips that have been mentioned above, it will be a snap for you to create the perfect cup of your caffeine fix. Forget about expensive coffee you can buy in commercial coffee shops. Make your own and save a lot of money on the long run.